Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Consultant/ Field Representative - Houston, TX
Energy Efficiency Consultant/ Field RepresentativeHouston, Texas
Do you have an interest in Energy Efficiency?
To support our growth, we seek a Residential Field Rep/ Energy Consultant to work in our Energy Efficiency team in Houston, TX. In this role you will serve as a liaison between ICF managed energy efficiency programs and program contractors, trade organizations, distributors, retailers, manufacturers, utility customers and client representatives.
- Work as part of a team ensuring that the implementation of energy efficiency projects are successfully executed in specific residential markets in Texas
- Recruiting program participants (customers and trade allies), account management, developing and implementing sales strategies, preparing and delivering persuasive presentations, relationship building activities
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to companies participating in utility-sponsored programs by creating written documents and compelling presentations that convey key analytic findings for distribution to internal/external clients
- Work with our engineering team to understand technical specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects; be able to communicate those to customers effectively
- Provide an array of trade ally support and assistance services
- Conduct surveys and of energy efficiency projects to verify equipment
- Plans and arranges schedules and budgets for project tasks
- Provide desk reviews of submitted projects to insure technical compliance and accuracy of energy savings delivered to the program
- Coordinate and manage event sponsorships
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Energy Efficiency utility programs, the HVAC or construction industry
- 2+ years of energy efficiency or equivalent trade experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the residential construction practices, HERS Ratings and energy efficient and renewable technologies
- Demonstrated experience with energy efficiency technologies such as whole house efficiency measures, lighting, HVAC, and other energy efficient equipment
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Certified HERS Rater or equivalent
- Experience performing energy audits and energy savings calculations
- Strong written and oral communication skills (Bi-lingual a plus)
- Presentation skills, including experience with presenting concepts to clients (both internal and external)
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Full health benefits, including: Flex spending, Retirement savings, Stock Purchase plan, Work-Life benefits, Professional development and Education benefits
Professional development opportunities, including training and educational assistance
Employee discount programs
Flexible workplace arrangements
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)