Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Consultant
Energy Efficiency Consultant, New Construction Cambridge, MA
Ready to make a difference?We are currently seeking an Energy Efficiency Consultant to join our Northeast Energy Efficiency team to provide critical support and outreach services for Massachusetts based energy efficiency programs.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Conduct trade ally outreach and recruitment across Massachusetts by presenting program offerings and distributing program marketing material to raise program awareness across multiple strategic trade ally locations and retail stores including homebuilder associations, building departments, permit offices, lumberyards and more.
- Conduct strategic field-based site visits with trade ally HERS Raters to provide Quality Assurance / Quality Control and forecasting updates on program participating residential new construction and renovation projects ensuring that the evaluation, implementation and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Provide program-specific guidance to assist builders, developers, architects, engineers, contractors and other trade allies in navigating utility-sponsored new construction programs. Must be able to effectively communicate to both technical trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Attend events to build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the home improvement industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters, consultants, home inspectors, public officials, public interest groups, and customers.
- Track and maintain a database of new constructions starts, to report on market activity and to perform outreach to key project stakeholders such as developers, builders and architects.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participating homeowners, contractors and consultants in order to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Conduct regular data analysis related to project completions, enrollment pipelines and participant information and assist in the development and maintenance of the Trade Ally Performance Dashboard.
- Assist the Technical Team in Trade Ally management in tasks such as coordinating meetings, recording meeting minutes and updating the online learning center.
- Perform desktop Quality Assurance / Quality Control to review and verify energy model accuracy and adherence to program standards, utilizing data collected during site visits and/or project building plans.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe and monitor progress towards program goals on contractor/consultant participation and the completion of eligible projects.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ year(s) work experience within energy efficiency, residential construction, or building science OR
- 5+ years work experience within energy efficiency, residential construction, or building science
- Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
What we would like you to have:1-2 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- HERS, BPI, LEED or Passive House credentials
- Working in the energy efficiency program market in Massachusetts
- Experience with energy modeling platforms
- Building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the residential construction industry including architects, engineers, contractors, real estate agents, home energy rating specialists, developers, and public officials
- Residential and Commercial & Industrial Multifamily construction industry in Massachusetts or experience working with a utility, public agency or non-governmental organization
- Knowledge of residential energy-efficient building applications, renewable technologies, or high-performance construction practices and technologies
- Public speaking experience
Professional skills you will use:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible handling multiple priorities
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Massachusetts Remote Office (MA99)