Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Analyst (Engineering)
Want to apply your engineering and analytical skills to help individuals and leading organizations save energy and reduce greenhouse gas footprints? You can at ICF. We solve today’s most challenging issues facing the energy industry, business and consumers.
ICF is seeking a detail-oriented, self-motivated candidate to support our Climate, Energy Efficiency, and Transportation line of business. Our associates work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff, participate in client meetings, and interact with industry experts.
Successful candidates will be responsible for shaping critical programs for the next era of energy policies that will impact our communities and our world. They will support implementation of high–profile public–private partnership programs to drive improved energy efficiency in homes and businesses. They will be part of a team that reviews and analyzes energy efficient consumer products and building technologies and helps develop technical specifications.
Expected responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performing research, analysis, and industry outreach to develop energy efficiency specifications for a variety of product categories.
- Serving as liaison between government and industry stakeholders (e.g. equipment and component manufacturers, trade associations, energy efficiency advocates) to understand the challenges and opportunities for improving product efficiency.
- Performing in-depth analysis of energy efficiency savings, using spreadsheets, databases, and custom programming (e.g., Python, Ruby).
- Reviewing literature and performing market and product analytical research.
- Writing of technical materials.
- Developing and implementing program strategies, preparing and presenting persuasive presentations, and research and analysis of energy efficiency and industry trends.
- Conveying complex technical subjects to non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics or related technical field.
- 2 years of relevant technical experience.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent personal computer skills (Microsoft applications, spreadsheet/database skills, basic programming skills).
- Experience in product development and/or test method development
- Knowledge of commercial product and system design along with energy efficiency
- Familiarity with the development/delivery of public-private voluntary partnership programs.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and seek input when needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in climate- and sustainability-related areas.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)