Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Account Manager
Energy Efficiency Account ManagerUtilities Programs and Services
Remote | Maryland
We are seeking an Account Manager with a desire for improving the customer experience while reducing energy costs. You play a significant role in improving customers private area outdoor lighting needs. We will be expanding awareness and participation for the outdoor private area lighting programs that will deliver and expand our offerings in Columbia, MD. This position requires experience with public speaking as well as strong writing, editing, and research skills. Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and access to professional development resources.
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Work in support of utility-sponsored programs that expand the utilities capabilities within the residential and commercial and industrial markets.
- Act as customer's advocate to ensure the customer obtains accurate knowledge of the utilities outdoor and private area lighting offerings.
- Perform customer outreach to recruit and retain new and existing customers to participate in the utility sponsored lighting program.
- Prospect, identify, and qualify potential customers for outdoor lighting opportunities.
- Increase customer awareness of bottom-line benefits resulting from enrolling in the utility owned lighting programs.
- Cultivate and develop new business through long-term relationships with professional organizations and networking events.
- Track state/local and national energy policies
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- A Bachelor's degree in (Business Admin, Communications, Energy or closely related fields)
- 1+ Years of professional work experienceOR
- HS Diploma and
- 5+ Years of professional work experience OR
- Associates in (Business Admin, Communications, Energy, or closely related fields) and
- 3+ Years of professional work experience AND
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
What we would like you to have:
- Strong proven success in an outside sales role and/or business development
- Strong follow-up and follow through skills and ability to successfully close sales.
- An energy efficiency background
- Utility experience and understanding of DSM program implementation.
- Experience in MS Office Applications (Dynamics, Word, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$58,161.00 - $98,873.00
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)