Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Account Manager
Energy Efficiency Account Manager
Remote | Maryland
We are currently seeking an energy efficiency Account Managers to join our Mid-Atlantic energy efficiency team to provide program outreach and field services for the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program. Your role will concentrate on increased participation in the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program, focused on helping small and medium-sized businesses. Our prestigious, award-winning energy efficiency team leads the program implementation efforts for several clients in the region.
With this position, you will develop a sales strategy based on your proven experience, with an emphasis on building a pipeline of projects across targeted sectors. Pivotal to driving success is a keen understanding of the unique sales process that is needed for this Program and the ability to identify key drivers to success in a multitude of scenarios.
Additionally, you’ll collaborate with the necessary departments to ensure applications are processed in a timely manner, adhering to customer expectations. You’ll use your finely tuned communication skills to engage in discussions with various teams to assist with revolutionizing the sales process.
Why you will love working here:
- This position confers a flexible workplace, encouraging a positive work-life balance.
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of the energy efficiency team ensuring that the implementation of energy efficiency projects is successfully executed.
- Serve as a "Consultative Sales Professional"
- Supporting small business through personalized outreach to vetted, qualified opportunities
- Provide technical assistance and guidance on energy efficient technologies and practices to several stakeholders including customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and other trade allies participating in BGE’s commercial program.
- Must be able to effectively communicate to both trade allies and non-technical audiences.
- Review commercial-grade specifications, engineering calculations and cost estimates for energy efficiency projects.
- Independently build and maintain relationships with key market actors in the energy industry including architects, engineers, contractors, energy raters/consultants, builders, public officials, public interest groups, building owners and utility customers.
- Contribute to the evolution of program strategies and the design of program features, services, and marketing campaigns.
- Conduct market surveys through direct outreach as needed.
- Prepare status reports to accurately describe activities in the field and to monitor progress towards program goals through customer participation and the completion of eligible projects.
- Coordinate with or follow up on program Quality Assurance activities as appropriate.
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in (Energy, Business Admin, Communications or closely related field)
- 1+ years of sales experience OR
- 3+ years of outside/inside sales experience or energy efficiency experience AND
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
What we would like you to have:
- Experience working on successful energy efficiency programs, with specific expertise in energy efficiency technologies and products, as well as energy issues in both existing homes/buildings as well as new construction C&I and multifamily buildings
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key market actors in the commercial energy efficiency industry including key stakeholder groups within the region
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Power BI
- Business-to-business sales or recruitment experience
- Experience with the energy efficiency program market in the Baltimore, MD area
- Knowledge of sustainable building practices and technologies
- Certified Energy Manager, LEED other industry certifications
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$48,067.00 - $81,713.00
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)