Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Efficiency Account Manager
Energy Efficiency Account Management
Commercial Energy Division - Program Implementation
Job Description:To support our growth, we are seeking candidates with a strong background in sales and account management. This position requires knowledge of energy efficient technologies associated with commercial building systems and/or residential homes. In this role you will oversee the organization and evaluation of program documents; identification and engagement with all key stakeholders and team members specifically in the distributor and retailer supply chains; and coordination with a team of energy efficiency experts. Including developing and managing a pipeline of new and existing customers and trade allies to ensure our programs meet participation goals. The successful candidate will also contribute to the internal operations of the programs, supporting the program manager with tasks such as data analysis, reporting, application review, forecasting, marketing development and execution of plans, quality control measures, and client support.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with major local, regional and national distributors, suppliers, contractors, and manufacturers to support their participation in the programs.
- Cultivate and develop new relationships and partnerships with trade allies and professional organizations to ensure program awareness and adoption.
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with participants and other interested stakeholders to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program.
- Preparing and presenting targeted presentations as well as promoting program awareness and participation at trade shows, trade organization and stakeholder events, supply house counter days, ride-along with sales teams, etc.
- Assist multiple program managers with the development and implementation of promotional strategies.
- Prepare ongoing status reports to document performance and activities demonstrating progress towards program goals, participation, and pipeline management.
- Review and analyze QA/QC data for projects reported to client.
- Effective project and budget management.
- Analyzing market trends and technologies to deploy for midstream programs.
- 30-50% local travel in Maryland required
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- 1+ years of industry outside sales and/or business development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- or 3 + years of related work experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
What we would like you to have:
- 3+ years of experience selling and managing accounts in any of the following equipment supply chains: HVAC, lighting, commercial food service, or water heating..
- 3+ years of experience managing successful energy efficiency opportunities, with specific expertise in one of the following: HVAC contractors, distributors, real estate, federal government, or retail customers.
- Proficiency in developing and/or implementing data collection, tracking and reporting processes (i.e. customer relationship management (CRM) efforts)
- Experienced in mechanical, building material or electrical equipment distribution and sales with established relationships.
- Working knowledge of demand side management (DSM) programs.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal employees, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Dynamics, Word, Outlook, Excel)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Columbia, MD (MD12)