Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Analyst (Fairfax, VA OR Cambridge, MA)
ICF is seeking qualified energy analysts to support our expanding energy services team in the areas of energy market related modeling and policy research. You will contribute to the development of innovative, high quality analysis products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The team’s primary services involve leveraging ICF’s energy sector research, data, and relevant analytical tools to inform client strategy and assess policy impacts of energy and environmental policies, including decarbonization policies.
ICF’s energy market consulting engagements typically integrate energy market expertise with economic and financial analysis and modeling skills to analyze energy market trends, economic and regulatory impacts from different types of policies affecting the energy market in general and the overall economy at large. These policies could include specific energy market policy scenarios or overall decarbonization strategies. Typical projects can include fuel and power supply and security analysis, forward assessments of renewable fuels for transportation and power, greenhouse gas inventory and decarbonization analysis, and due diligence on energy assets in transitioning markets. ICF’s clients include federal, state and local government clients, international donor agencies like the USAID and the World Bank, as well as commercial entities, such as NGOs and energy utilities.
This position is located at our Cambridge, MA or Fairfax, VA, offices (post-COVID)
- Conduct research, analysis, and writing on specific technical or economic issues related to energy markets and energy/environmental policies affecting the energy sector
- Compile and analyze data to highlight trends or to be used as inputs in economic models
- Work with various proprietary or third-party energy and economic models
- Develop reports and presentations to convey key analytic findings to internal and external clients
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Public Policy or related subjects, with 2-3 years of experience working with energy and economic data and models;
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Public Policy or related subjects, with some experience in consulting or applied research areas;
- Excellent research and writing skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate clearly
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills, specifically in the use of spreadsheets
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Some knowledge of electric power, petroleum, natural gas, or renewable energy markets and infrastructure.
- Experience using economic and statistical modeling a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel and Access) skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arlington, VA (VA31)