Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Critical Infrastructure Advisor
Energy Critical Infrastructure Advisor
ICF supports industry and government clients in assessing risk and developing strategies to secure the Nation’s critical energy infrastructures against physical and cyber risks. ICF is expanding its consulting and program support team in energy critical infrastructure analysis supporting clients’ efforts to secure the U.S. energy infrastructure. We seek a senior professional to help manage and contribute to major programs in this area across the oil, natural gas, and electricity sectors.
ICF will accommodate a full time or part time schedule for candidates who will bring strong subject matter expert and an authoritative technical advisor on issues of cyber security and energy infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a senior resource for clients to help identify expertise and resources required to fulfill its mission to secure the U.S. energy infrastructure against all hazards; to understand risks, assess priorities, and identify cost effective security and resilience; and to coordinate effective and efficient emergency response and recovery efforts for energy disruptions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and an authoritative technical advisor on issues of cyber security and energy infrastructure.
- Help clients identify issues that can affect the reliability and resiliency of energy systems and available data and information for supporting analyses.
- Support clients’ efforts to develop policies to enhance the security and resilience of energy infrastructure.
- Support clients’ efforts to develop tools and technologies to identify and enhance situational awareness capabilities.
- Support collaboration among the clients and other Federal agencies and the private sector for the purpose of developing or analyzing policy that impacts the interests of the government and energy sector partners and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Support business development strategies, client engagement, capture, and proposals to assist in expanding work.
What you need to have:
- 15+ years of experience involving analysis, mitigation, and adaptation to physical, climate, and cyber risk to the Nation’s energy infrastructures
- Deep knowledge of the oil, natural gas, and electricity sectors
- Understanding of energy industry operations and energy markets
- Experience with risk management frameworks and their application to the energy sector, including cyber risk
- Strong communications skills
- Experience in project management and managing teams of professionals
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field. Graduate degree strongly preferred
- Active security clearance or clearance eligibility
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)