Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Do you love working with people? Do you have a passion for helping people, for saving the environment and for learning about energy efficiency? If yes, we want to hear from you! We are hiring self-motivated, engaging, and energetic individuals to join our team of Energy Counselors who are on a mission to help customers reduce their energy consumption and save money.
WHO ARE WE?
ICF is a growing company with a large commercial energy business. Within our energy line of business, we work with leading utility and energy companies across the US and Canada to help them design and implement various energy programs where we work with customers and contractors to provide simple but effective solutions to reduce energy costs.
WHAT DOES A RESIDENTIAL ENERGY COUNSELORS DO?
Our team of Energy Counselors provide technical customer support for our energy programs in a non-scripted setting. Our Energy Counselors have outgoing personalities and they enjoy helping people solve their energy problems.
Ideal candidates will possess a passion for helping utility customers identify solutions to reduce energy consumption in their homes or commercial facilities. Candidates will also work with regional trade (HVAC or home improvement) contractors to assist and educate them on energy savings opportunities while also developing their understanding of how to optimize the utility rebate opportunities offered. We are looking for individuals with the ability to promote other program opportunities. Candidates must possess an interest in learning more about energy efficiency and smart home technologies. Technical program training will be provided.
- Provide exemplary service while educating customers on active rebate program features, service offerings, program value and benefits
- Accurately identify customer accounts to effectively determine program and rebate eligibility
- Explain energy-saving strategies to customers and contractors
- Actively listen to customer needs and goals and appropriately describe and promote the logical program that meets the customer’s goal
- Follow up with pre-qualified leads and schedule appointments for improvement projects
- Assist customers and contractors with the application process
- Perform a desk-top eligibility review and quality validation of rebate applications submitted by customers and contractors
- Stay abreast of marketing activities and provide feedback on program marketing reactions to continue development and enhancement of the energy programs
- Complete all commitments offered to customer in a timely manner; i.e. call backs, application updates, email responses, etc.
- Identify and resolve customer issues with professionalism and with the collaboration of cross-functional team members as appropriate
- Perform the assigned duties with minimal supervision, but also work in a team problem-solving environment
- Follow all policies and guidelines set by company
- Maintain confidentiality regarding company and utility customer information
QUALIFICATIONS OF IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- High School Diploma
- Previous customer service experience
- Access to reliable transportation
- Passionate about making a difference
- Love working with people
- Great oral and written communication skills (talking and listening)
- Quick learner who is eager to improve professional skills
- Ability to actively listen and take initiative to seek actionable solutions to customer goals
- Flexible with the capacity to thrive in a high-change business environment
- An action-oriented and results-driven individual who likes to be the one-stop solution or advisor for customers
- Experience in inside/outside sales or appointment setting is a plus
You may be required to participate in periodic drug testing and background checks.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Newark, NJ (NJ25)