Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Analyst Remote
Ready to make a difference?
Then come work for ICF International (ICF), where we combine passion for our work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results that help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. In the energy market, ICF helps public- and private-sector clients develop comprehensive energy strategies and establish sustainable programs to deliver and maintain energy. To support our growth, we are hiring for energy analyst positions to work in our DER Analytics practice. You will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The DER Analytics team is a leader in utility DER planning, program design, and program implementation analytics. Our thorough understanding of our clients’ needs and our ability to connect the practical on the ground experience enables us to help clients make big things possible.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Assist with Distributed Energy Resource (DER) potential studies, DER program planning, preparation of DER fillings and other regulatory support for US utilities and/or government agencies.
- Assist with developing and designing innovative DER program strategies
- Conduct market research on various energy efficiency technologies including DER measure adoption, saturation, feasibility, etc.
- Assist with developing advanced energy saving calculations and economic analyses for the residential and commercial sectors supporting utility DER programs
- Assist with the evaluation and benchmarking of DER program performance
- Manage and analyze large datasets using advanced Excel functions
- Prepare and present persuasive presentations
- Co-author reports and other client deliverables, journal articles, white papers and marketing pieces
- Manage tasks and work with team to complete complex task
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, Building Science, Energy Management, Energy Policy and Planning, or related subjects
- 2+ years of related energy industry experience or academic equivalent
What we would like you to have:
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, Building Science, Energy Management, Energy Policy and Planning, or related subjects
- Experience in DER/DSM program potential studies, preparation of DER/DSM plans/fillings, DER/DSM program design and/or implementation
- Experience and knowledge of renewables, and energy storage systems
- Experience with energy modeling tools (e.g., OpenStudio, EnergyPlus)
- Knowledge of energy policy and regulation especially related to DER / DSM. Experience in regulatory and public stakeholder processes would be highly valued.
- Experience with business development and client development
- Experience with energy saving calculation using Technical Resource Manuals (TRM) and other engineering guidelines such as ASHRAE fundamentals
- Understanding of heat transfer and thermodynamics
- Advanced programming and data analytics skills
- Knowledge of building construction methods, mechanical systems and related energy use in residential and commercial construction
- Understanding of economic valuation such as NPV and IRR analysis, and utility cost-effectiveness tests
- Knowledge of market adoption forecasting methodologies for DER/DSM technologies
- Knowledge of evaluation, measurement, and verification of energy efficiency
- Understanding of energy codes and standards for residential and commercial buildings, such as IECC codes and ASHRAE standards
- Understanding of building science and building energy saving calculation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including advanced programming experience with Excel and Visual Basic
- Strong writing and communication skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)