Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Ambassador Outreach Professional - Energy Efficiency Programs
Energy Ambassador Outreach Professional
Energy Efficiency ProgramsCentral SC
ICF is seeking a program outreach Energy Ambassador to support a variety of commercial energy efficiency utility programs in South Carolina. The successful candidate will have the knowledge and skillset to engage the business, municipal, university, school and medical communities and form strong working relationships. The Energy Ambassador will work with program management to develop strategic initiatives and execute outreach strategies to achieve program goals and deliver sound results. Candidate must be experienced in Energy Efficiency, Business Development and be knowledgeable about project types (such as design/build applications and end-of-life equipment replacements), various technologies, the sales process, and key stakeholders. This position requires interaction with internal and external industry experts as well as interaction across multiple teams to accomplish portfolio-wide goals. While the position is based in Columbia, SC area, local business travel up to 75% may be required.
- Working as part of a team to achieve annual energy savings goals for our clients’ energy efficiency programs
- Utilize industry knowledge of capital expenditure applications and performance-based maintenance initiatives to motivate service providers to participate in programs that can reduce energy usage and costs for our mutual customers
- Recruiting and developing strategic relationships with contractors, energy service companies (ESCO’s), equipment suppliers, manufacturers, and engineering/design firms
- Coordinate and conduct customer outreach, recruitment, and relationship building to ensure program visibility across the assigned service territory.
- Achieving weekly and monthly targets for site visits, networking events and training seminars
- Managing performance of participating service providers across multiple programs and creating action plans for improvement
- Delivering effective communication through technical assistance, program training, and guidance
- Creating compelling presentations that deliver a strong “call to action”
- Using data analytics to target outreach efforts
- Resolving issues quickly and effectively
- Ensuring business and travel expenses remain within budget
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of management or sales experience in the energy efficiency industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of Unitary HVAC systems, VRF, chillers, geothermal units, commercial refrigeration, BAS and EMS as well as other energy-efficiency measures
- Proven experience in managing customer accounts, fostering relationships and providing superior service
- Experience in creating and executing sales and/or outreach strategies
- Strong working knowledge of key market players in the South Carolina business community
- Knowledge of the lighting industry
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
- Ability to form and develop strategic relationships with industry stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Strong persuasion, business writing and presentation skills
- Can analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Sound business ethics, including the responsibility of protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Must be able to work and communicate with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside vendors and clients
- Industry certification such as: CEM, CEA, or LEED-AP
- Performed energy audits and energy savings calculations
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
S Carolina Remote Office (SC99)