Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Energy Account Manager - Residential
Title: Energy Efficiency Account Manager - Residential Location: Remote CA - Must be located In Southern California
Ready to make a difference?
ICF is seeking an experienced Account Manager to influence multifamily property owners, property managers and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing contractors to identify energy efficiency opportunities and facilitate participation in energy efficiency programs in Southern California. The Account Manager will provide sales, account management, and field support for customers considering upgrading and retrofitting electrical and natural gas equipment and systems. The position will be home-based and will require daily travel to meet with contractors, vendors, and customers in Southern California. The position will be responsible for building and maintaining an account base that achieves same year savings and builds following year pipeline. The Account Manager position will be responsible for helping customers and trade allies understand the programs and incentives available to maximize their efficiency options. This will include working with end-users, dealers, and contractors to explain the benefits of efficiency measures and assisting customers through the enrollment process to achieve savings goals and establish repeat business through high quality customer service.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with contractors, property managers, and customers daily
- Educate stakeholders on the benefits of high efficiency measures
- Write and present summary reports
- Log outreach and meeting activities in program CRM tool
- Maintain strong ongoing communications with program participants to assess their needs and to receive feedback on their experience with the program
- Perform presentations and orientations to prospective contractor and property manager participants and represent programs at industry conferences and association events
- Maintain existing and establish new accounts with contractors and property managers and equipment vendors
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Engineering or related discipline with 2+ years experience in Sales, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability, Customer Engagement or related fields OR
- 6+ years experience in Sales, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability, Customer Engagement or related fields
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
What we would like you to have:
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Knowledge of common electric and gas equipment used in the multifamily sector including hot water boilers, HVAC systems, interior/exterior lighting, pool pumps/boiler, etc.
- Ability to guide and influence customers to opt for cost-effective energy efficiency solutions
- Demonstrated capabilities in building and maintaining relationships with key market players in the Residential sector
Professional Skills you will use:
- Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel and MS Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong outreach and communications abilities
- Well-developed phone presence and high comfort level in initiating conversations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$64,372.00 - $109,432.00
California Remote Office (CA99)