Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
EM&V Lead, Program Operations
EM&V Lead/Program Operations Location – Remote (prefer EST)
The EM&V Lead will support our demand side management teams on the delivery of commercial, industrial, and residential programs in the East region. The EM&V Lead will work with a cross-functional team of program implementation, reporting, and IT personnel. The position leads the management of independent, third party evaluations and is critical in the design, administration, and evaluation of energy efficiency programs. This position will actively participate in EM&V Working Groups and coordinates with the Statewide Evaluators as directed.
What you will do:
- Solve quantitative and qualitative problems, including the implementation of energy savings calculations based on Technical Reference Manuals or the similar accepted standards
- Review reports and presentations by third party evaluators
- Engage with program leads, clients, and evaluators to discuss methodology and program adjustments to mitigate any risks associated with unexpected program evaluations.
- Maintain EM&V parameters in a database of energy efficiency measures and related data on programs
- Liaise with IT and Reporting Teams (including coordinating, tracking, and resolving action items)
- Coordinate with ICF’s broader team of advisory services for advanced technical support related to EM&V, benefit-cost analysis, market assessments, and/or evaluation methodologies
- Coordinate responses to data requests from utilities, stakeholders, and third-party evaluators and
- Support internal data requests and work with program managers to develop reports for use in the management of program delivery and budgets
- Regularly review and update benefit-cost model inputs, assumptions, and documentation and forecast any changes
- Ensure standardization of assumptions and methodology in energy efficiency savings calculations
- Manage program databases for updates and enhancements, performing periodic review for data consistency and accuracy
- Investigate emerging energy efficient or alternative energy technologies and relevant program delivery strategies deployed across the country and prepare recommendations regarding the outcome of the research
- Prepare forecasted energy savings metrics and cost effectiveness for proposed work based on available historic program information and measure level energy savings calculations
- Other duties as required to support our work nationally and assist regional leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Economics, or related subject preferred but not required)
- 5+ year(s) of relevant experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Specifically strong excel knowledge)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions thoroughly
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders in both public and private settings and negotiate outcomes
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Experience in utility or energy industry preferred
- Knowledge of energy efficiency measures and technology preferred
- Understanding of programs promoting Demand Side Management, Energy Efficiency and Demand Response preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)