Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Electrical Engineer – Relay Settings (REMOTE)
We are a relentlessly client-focused group who are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering the way electric utilities tackle industry problems. We are looking for passionate and innovative people who are constantly looking for ways to provide better quality engineering services for our clients.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a highly motivated engineer who takes pride in the services you provide. You love to go above and beyond to ensure the project is done right and all deadlines are met. You should be proactive, self-sufficient, and able to productively work remotely out of your home without supervision. You always strive to expand your knowledge and improve upon our work processes to increase quality and efficiency. You are an active member of the team that works well with others and keeps the groups’ goals at the top of your priority list. You enjoy taking on new responsibilities and learning new skill sets whenever needed.
- Develop relay settings and protection philosophies for transmission and sub transmission equipment including T-lines, transformers, bus, cb control etc.
- Review protection and control design package.
- Provide remote field support to the relay test engineers during installation of settings.
- Model electrical systems in power simulation programs like CAPE and ASPEN.
- Create thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, and calculations.
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering, technical and professional knowledge, skills, and performance.
- B.S. in engineering, preferably electrical or computer engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience developing relay settings and protection philosophies for transmission and sub transmission equipment including T-lines, transformers, bus, cb control etc.
- 2+ years of proficiency in electrical engineering theories and principles.
- Advanced user of Microsoft products, specifically Excel, Word, and/or Access.
- Ability to plan and manage assignments and clearly communicate barriers to completion of tasks on budget/schedule.
- Use computer software tools to model engineering problems, program automation systems, prepare spreadsheet-based analyses and automation.
- Experience with developing settings for Schweitzer relays.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely without supervision.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$68,325.00 - $116,152.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)