Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Elastic Technical Engagement Manager
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re also making cybersecurity history here at ICF International.
Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today.
As a Technical Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for leading, developing and executing multiple Elastic implementation projects for our clients. This position will partner with the engagement team, stakeholders and other teams to develop, manage the implementation strategies, requirements, and materials needed to support the Elastic platform. As an experienced strategist, the Engagement Manager will work closely with leaders to expertly translate strategy and vision into compelling technical requirements, effective implementation, and knowledge that our clients can execute and measure. As an experienced SME, you will work closely with leaders and stakeholders to expertly translate training concepts in Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
We will be asked to participate in a series of interviews demonstrating your knowledge, skills, and abilities about the Elastic platform. You will be asked to participate in a panel interview and provide a small instructional overview as part of the hiring process. Your candidacy will be contingent upon successfully completing the panel interview.
Candidates will benefit from our partner training incentive to pursue Elastic certifications as a part of their candidacy and can be reimbursed for certification costs as of successfully onboarding onto the program.
This is an opportunity to contribute to an important effort from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies all while building a great career at ICF!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Strong presentation skills and ability to facilitate and gain consensus among stakeholders and clients with disparate views.
- Ability to gather requirements through discovery calls and work with the team to translate them into user stories and tasks.
- Serve as designated manager for assigned engagements, managing implementation including developing and managing timelines, managing the performance of and supporting consultants and updating and raising awareness of issues that need additional support from others on the engagement team.
- Work closely with the operations team to develop and manage engagement and other reporting requirements as required.
- With technical guidance from the engagement team, provide coordination and quality assurance of all technical deliverables of the assigned engagements by editing, reviewing, and checking compliance of reports and other deliverables submitted by the engagement team. Manage the process flow of internal and external reviews of implementation activities, operational documentation, and deliverables.
- Serve as the key point of contact for engagement, maintaining regular communication providing routine updates on technical progress and alerting supervisor to any risks and/or feedback from the client in real-time.
- Partner with and provide strategic advice and counsel to client stakeholders and teams to help them use proactive communication plans, change management strategies and effective messaging regarding the engagement.
- Experience developing cybersecurity reports, dashboards, and scripts.
- Experience using automation and scripting to deploy and monitor systems.
- Research new and novel tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) to protect data and privacy.
- Collect and analyze data, make recommendations to improve our approach and the results of future communications, events, and activities.
- Provide leadership, management and coaching to a team of driven communicators.
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree with ten (10) years of experience successfully developing and deploying enterprise implementations or two (8) years of implementation experience with Master-level degree
- 5 or more years of advanced experience in DevSecOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Automation, Agile, Big Data or a network engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with Elastic products and/or providing instructions
- Must possess excellent writing, storytelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, strong problem solving, organizational skills and highly detailed-orientated.
- Superior project management, time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and ability to facilitate and gain consensus among stakeholders with disparate views.
- Confident in partnering with and leading cross-functional teams to build communication strategies and tactics with an unwavering focus on technical engagement
- Ability to comprehend and explain complex concepts and initiatives to audiences that have various levels of understanding.
- Experience and confidence working with and writing for executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment.
- Have a demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion, manage multiple tasks with competing priorities and handle variable workloads.
What We’d Like You To Have:
- Active High Level clearances preferred but not required
- Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Elastic Certified Analyst Certification
- Security+ certification
- Applies extensive technical expertise in principle discipline and broad knowledge in automation disciplines in Ansible, Python, Salt, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, and ECK Operator to revise or developing new methods and procedures on the platform.
- Strong desire for developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to contribute to the completion of organizational projects and goals with minimal supervision.
Why you’ll love working here:
• Generous vacation and retirement plans
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Flexible work location
• Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Friendly community with lots of social events
• Participation in charity initiatives
• Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)