Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Elastic DevSecOps Engineer
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re also making cybersecurity history here at ICF International.
Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today.
As an Elastic DevSecOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and executing multiple technical implementation projects for our clients. This position will partner with the engagement team, stakeholders and other teams to develop, execute requirements/user stories, and materials needed to support the Elastic platform. As an experienced technical engineer, you will work closely with leaders to expertly translate stakeholder vision into compelling technical requirements, effective implementation, and knowledge that our clients can execute and measure. As an experienced SME, you will work closely with leaders and stakeholders to expertly translate technical concepts in Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana.
We will be asked to participate in a series of interviews demonstrating your knowledge, skills, and abilities about the Elastic platform. You will be asked to participate in a panel interview and provide a small instructional overview as part of the hiring process. Your candidacy will be contingent upon successfully completing the panel interview.
Candidates will benefit from our partner training incentive to pursue Elastic certifications as a part of their candidacy and can be reimbursed for certification costs to successfully onboarding onto the program.
This is an opportunity to contribute to an important effort from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies all while building a great career at ICF!
What We’re Looking For:
- DevSecOps skills and ability to facilitate and gain consensus among stakeholders and clients with disparate views.
- Ability to gather technical requirements through discovery calls and work with the team to translate them into user stories and tasks.
- Serves as implementation engineer for assigned engagements, managing implementation including demonstrating technical reviews, and conversing with stakeholders and others on the engagement team.
- Work closely with the operations team to develop and manage engagement and other reporting requirements as required.
- Work with others on the engagement team to provide status, coordination and quality assurance of all technical deliverables of the assigned engagements.
- Provide DevSecOps expertise the process flow of internal and external reviews of implementation activities, operational documentation, and deliverables.
- Experience developing cybersecurity reports, dashboards, and scripts.
- Experience using automation and scripting to deploy and monitor systems.
- Research new and novel tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) to protect data and privacy.
- Collect and analyze data, make recommendations to improve our approach and the results of future communications, events, and activities.
What You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree with eight (8) years of experience successfully developing and deploying enterprise implementations or two (5) years of implementation experience with Master-level degree
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced experience in DevSecOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Automation, Agile, Big Data or a network engineering.
- Demonstrated experience with Elastic products and/or providing instructions
- Must possess excellent writing, storytelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, strong problem solving, organizational skills and highly detailed-orientated.
What We'd Like You To Have:
- Elastic Certified Engineer certification
- Elastic Certified Analyst Certification
- Security+ certification
- Applies extensive technical expertise in principle discipline and broad knowledge in automation disciplines in Ansible, Python, Salt, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher, and ECK Operator to revise or developing new methods and procedures on the platform.
- Active High Level clearances preferred but not required
- Affinity for developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Ability to contribute to the completion of organizational projects and goals with very little supervision
Why you’ll love working here:
• Generous vacation and retirement plans
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Flexible work location
• Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Friendly community with lots of social events
• Participation in charity initiatives• Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)