Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Education Research Assistant
ICF's Youth & Adult Education Portfolio is currently seeking a Research Assistant to support education research and evaluation projects for a variety of federal, state, and local agencies, and foundations. As a Research Assistant, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience and gain exposure to major projects related to research, evaluation, and technical assistance in K-20 and adult education. Research Assistants at ICF often advance in our consulting practice.
The position is full-time and will be based in the Fairfax office when offices reopen.
As a Research Assistant, you will be responsible for working with teams of other researchers on tasks related to instrument development, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, data presentation/visualization, reporting, and other tasks as required. Key project tasks may include:
- Reviewing technical documents for key content
- Conducting literature reviews on a variety of topics using EBSCO and other research databases
- Reviewing and/or drafting survey or interview questions
- Drafting written content for research and evaluation reports
- Coordinating logistics, supporting recruiting, and/or taking notes for in-person or virtual site visits, interviews, and focus groups
- Working with vendors on the transcription of audio recorded interview/focus group data
- Qualitatively coding interview/focus group transcripts using Dedoose and/or NVivo software
- Programming and testing online surveys in Qualtrics and tracking survey responses
- Scanning and entering data from paper surveys
- Conducting basic descriptive analyses using SPSS analysis software
- Creating and/or formatting data tables
- Conducting quality control on qualitative and quantitative data
- Creating bar graphs and other simple data visualizations in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Formatting PowerPoint presentations
- Interacting with clients and maintaining a professional demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some work or internship experience in a professional environment
- Strong interest in topics such as K-12 education, postsecondary education/training, diversity and equity, and research and evaluation.
- Eagerness to learn new research tasks and contribute to education research products and deliverables.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for face-to-face interviews or site visits.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- U.S. citizenship and SF-86 background check required.
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Knowledge of K-20 and/or adult education in the United States.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Teams.
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently.
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)