Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Editor/Writer for the National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (REMOTE ROLE) - Part-time 30 hours
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Editor/Writer - Part-Time 30 hours weekly
This position will provide editing and writing support to all of the teams within the National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center (NHTTAC) and other related projects.
We are open to supporting 100% remote work anywhere within the US.
- Tracking incoming writing and editing requests from NHTTAC on a daily basis
- Ensuring editorial quality control for all types of materials, from one paragraph to 200 pages of written text, graphics, tables, and more
- Ensuring language meets the standards of client style guides, GPO, plain language principles, and diversity guidance
- Assisting with writing, editing, fact-checking, and formatting aspects of curricula and training materials for online and in-person trainings
- The editor/writer works closely with the instructional designers to ensure all training material content is clear, readable, and complete; and may suggest and offer rewrites when needed
- This position will assist with developing and maintaining templates and doing some layout work, as well as maintaining and updating style guides
- This position requires working on subject matter that can be emotionally difficult
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public policy, economics, political science, communications, planning, technology and policy, math, statistics, engineering, physical science, or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in editing and writing required
- Experience in a federal contracting environment is preferred
- Experience in the field of victims’ services or criminal justice
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Familiarity with the GPO Manual of Style
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)