Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF seeks a Senior level (Director) Economist to support the growth of our expanding Regulatory, Policy and Economics Practice. We are a $1 billion+ global consulting provider and work across a range of industries to make the world a better place through deep domain expertise, innovative thinking and technology. As a Director, you will help our Federal Government clients tackle challenging and meaningful projects that address the most important issues facing our society. Your expertise in economics, research, and sound objective analysis will lead to meaningful impacts on high profile policy-making activities.
As a leader within the Regulatory, Policy and Economics Practice, you will work closely with other leaders across ICF, subject matter experts, other ICF stakeholders, and external partners and foster a “one ICF” solution.
This role can be located in the Washington DC Metro area and consideration may be given to other locations (e.g., Cambridge, MA; Durham, NC) or relocation. Travel to client sites, ICF offices and Conferences may be required once business travel resumes.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving others' lives and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek to build a culture that encourages, embraces, and is inclusive of all dimensions of difference. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with talented and passionate individuals and to grow with a firm that believes in nurturing talent and developing long-term career success.
What you will be doing:
- Partner and interact with Federal and State government Economists and other regulatory and policy-making program staff. Manage work on short- and long-term domestic US projects focused on policies and regulations affecting various areas including the environment, energy, transportation, infrastructure, resiliency, homeland security, immigration, and others.
- Analyze the costs, benefits and economic impacts of regulations, policies, and programs, including the evaluation of program effectiveness. Your work products will include written reports, memoranda, spreadsheet models, and PowerPoint presentations. A portion of your work products will be published for public comment in the Federal Register.
- Support clients that include: The Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, Department of Labor, the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Interior, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission as well as other federal, state and local agencies, and select non-profit and private-sector clients.
- Facilitate the effective management of client demands that may include aggressive deadlines and complex deliverables. Oversee delivery of client commitments, ensure excellence, and drive a customer satisfaction culture.
- Mentoring, coaching, and supervising junior staff to monitor workflow/workload, provide guidance, ensure quality work products and high levels of employee engagement.
- Understand your Client’s current and upcoming needs, anticipate how ICF can be a partner to Clients and add value. Help translate evolving Federal agency requirements, operations, and programs into new ICF engagements and relationships and demonstrate to Clients how ICF can resolve their most challenging problems.
- Support business development efforts by engaging in capture, bid and proposal processes and assist with technical storytelling and compelling solutions for Client audiences.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership and technical expertise via presentations at conferences, authoring publications, and client or professional engagements.
- Master’s Degree in Economics plus a minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated experience (PhD preferred)
- Demonstrated 7+ Years of domestic US expertise in one or more areas including: Environmental Economics, Regulatory Economics, Industrial Economics, Policy Analysis, Rulemaking, Cost-benefit Analysis, Economic Impact Analysis.
- Experience working on programs or projects related to Environment, Climate Change/Resiliency, Public Health, Immigration, Security, Safety, Transportation & Infrastructure.
- Demonstrated success managing projects of $750,000 and upwards.
- Demonstrated project and people leadership experience.
- Strong technical project management and financial project management acumen.
- US Citizenship (required by federal government for this position)
- PhD in Economics plus a minimum of 7+ years of demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated success delivering Economic/Policy Solutions to clients in a professional services / consulting setting or within a Federal Agency setting.
- Clearance or Suitability preferred (we can support obtaining a clearance as required)
- Experience using R (preferred) or other structured programming language for data analysis.
- Positive, pragmatic and collaborative style, with an ability to generate enthusiasm, train and develop others, and be innovative in accomplishing goals in a large, complex, multi-cultural, and matrix environment.
- Strategic but hands-on leader with exceptional organizational, communications, and people management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and CRM tools (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and TEAMS.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)