Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Economics Analyst / Policy Analyst
Economics Analyst / Policy Analyst
Are you looking to work on current and emerging policy issues? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies at all levels improve the way they develop and implement policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy, and Economics portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal and private sector programs and is seeking an Economics Analyst to join the team.
As an Economics Analyst / Policy Analyst, you will support economic and regulatory analysis, and program design and evaluation. You will work with an interdisciplinary team of policy analysts, economists, attorneys, business analysts, environmental scientists, and engineers conducting applied research and analysis in support of programs focused primarily on addressing a range of policy issues, including energy, climate, environmental and resource management issues, transportation, and labor, among others. If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, supporting a wide range of clients at all levels of government and industries, and providing a wide range of support services, then this job is the right fit for you.
The successful candidate will have strong quantitative skills necessary for supporting program evaluation, economic impact analysis, and cost-benefit analysis, with equally strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical background documents. Duties may include development of analytical methods, databases, and models to support policy analysis and general program support.
This role will be located in Cambridge, MA, but other locations may be considered (e.g., Fairfax, VA; Durham, NC).
- Significantly contribute to projects analyzing economic impacts of policies across a variety of clients
- Conduct and document comprehensive data analytics, research, and analysis
- Immerse oneself rapidly in varied projects for multiple clients
- Provide verbal and written progress updates to project staff
- Review literature and other technical reports
- Develop recommendations
- Draft reports and presentations
- Interact with clients
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Environmental Science Urban Planning or JD. Background or experience in environmental policy or renewable energy is required.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a high-level government clearance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented approach
- Time management strategies
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel, SAS, STATA, R, and Python preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Cambridge, MA (MA11)