Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Job Description: Driver
Nepal Urban Resilience Program (NURP) is a five-year FCDO-funded project with the following overall objectives. ICF is seeking a Driver for the NURP team who will be responsible for driving project staff, consultants, and others throughout Nepal for meetings, deliveries, and other daily activities of NURP. The position also requires travel outside of Kathmandu with trips that may extend multiple days or weeks. The Driver will also be responsible for maintaining the project vehicle. The Driver will report to the Team Lead and coordinate closely with the rest of NURP team.
The Driver’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services as directed within Kathmandu and in other cities;
- Ensures information is obtained on traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle as per the Project Operations Manual.
- Fill out vehicle use and fuel log books on a daily basis (making sure it’s been recorded correctly).
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs.
- Ensure that vehicle is always in good running condition by checking tires, oils, fuel, water level, grease, etc., on daily basis.
- Arrange for major repairs, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle and report to the admin and logistics officer regularly.
- Keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities and report to the admin and logistics officer regularly.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Ensures all safety and security regulations are followed to ensure the safety of the vehicles passengers and the vehicle.
- Ensures the assigned vehicle is kept in a safe place at all times.
- Delivers project related letters, Parcels.. etc as directed.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships when performing work duties.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- A valid Nepal driving license for 4x4 vehicles
- Clean driving license for at least 5 years;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, local roads and conditions, and safety and security regulations
- Proven experience in off road driving
- Proven experience of basic vehicle maintenance and recovery
- Proven first aid and security training.
- Basic in English and Nepali language (writing and speaking)
- Computer literacy (MS word and Excel)
- Resilience, ability to manage time and tight schedules, working effectively under pressure,
- Clear varied and sensitive communication skills
- Prior experience working with international organisations
- Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Jawalakhel, Nepal (NP01)