Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
DoD Administration & Operations Specialist
ICF is seeking an Administrative & Operations Specialist with prior Department of Defense (DoD) operations experience to support a DoD client in the Washington, DC Metro Area. As a member of a diverse team of operations support staff, this position will work directly with client leadership to ensure the ongoing and timely execution of the client’s operations in the areas of Support Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), Management Internal Control Program (MICP), DoD Human Resource management processes, Budget formulation, and purchasing.
This position will support the client organization’s Chief of Staff to ensure the timely and accurate processing of:
- Support Agreements & MOUs with other DoD agencies and programs, to include:
- coordinating revisions, signatures, tracking, and reporting
- evaluating and advising on and/or overseeing management analysis of a broad spectrum of official agreements including data use agreements.
- Ensuring agreements comply with applicable DoD and DHA regulations, policies, and instructions.
- MICP (RMIC) actions, to include development and submission of periodic reporting; and ensuring compliance with DoD regulations, policies, and guidance.
- DoD Human Resource management actions (e.g., MCRs, MDRs, recruitment packets, maintaining JTD, Award Packets, etc.)
- Budget formulation
This will require the person to proactively identify when actions associated with the above requirements will be due and working with the Chief of Staff to be ahead of each. The person will need to understand the content and purpose for each of these activities so that he / she can advise the client on courses of action as appropriate. On occasion, the position may be asked to support Records Management reporting and provide meeting support as well. Meeting support could include setting up conference lines, sending meeting invitations, and ensuring conference lines are open 5 – 10 minutes in advance of meeting start.
Additional responsibilities could include (on occasion):
- Facilitating communications and correspondence between the client organization and parent organizations within DoD.
- Analyzing accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and makes recommendations for budget allocations to ensure conformance to budgetary limits.
- Helping to prepare executive level correspondences, reports or other documents by gathering information from multiple sources.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Communications, Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Prior experience performing the operational support services outlined above in a US DoD environment.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience performing directly relevant / similar work in a US DoD environment
- Highest levels of professionalism; clear and articulate communications; written communications; and organization skills
- A very strong eye and attention to detail to ensure all communications and deliverables are direct, succinct, unambiguous, and free of grammatical errors
- Hands-on experience with the MS Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proactive, detail-oriented, independent, and fast learner with excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Prior Defense Health Agency (DHA) experience
- Experience with the DoD Information Collections System
- Working knowledge of cultures, people, and communication styles across the range of services in the DoD and hierarchical levels.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)