Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Discharge Release Coordinator/Shelter
Discharge coordinators work closely with ORR-funded child care providers to plan and implement travel and post-release supports and services for Unaccompanied Children as they are discharged from ORR custody to sponsors.
- Work with travel contractor to search for flight options and work with the sponsor to obtain payment (if needed)
- Coordinate with sponsor and care provider to determine discharge date
- Consult with care providers to assemble the discharge packet and review the discharge plan in the case management database
- Assess discharge packet contents based on the UC’s individual needs and sponsor’s ability to provide for the UC
- Ensure that copies of medical, legal, and education records and referral information are available to sponsors through Sponsor Hub
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience in direct services provision with children and/or families or master’s degree with 1+ years of experience in direct services provision with children and/or families
- 1 + years of experience of migrant/refugee issues, particularly related to UC and sponsor families and the processes/documentation discharge of UC from ORR custody
- English/Spanish bilingual
- 1+ years experience with case files, identify post-release services needs (e.g., medical, mental health, educational, legal) and provide referrals to meet these needs
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check /No adverse child abuse and neglect (CAN) report or child protective services check
- Experience working in a professional consulting environment with federal clients
- Excellent team player with the proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented environment
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal staff and clients and external service providers and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple tasks with short timelines and high priority, while communicating status to a variety of stakeholders as well as project management
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working remotely, working with an interdisciplinary team communicating and collaboratively primarily online
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Arkansas Remote Office (AR99)