Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Disaster Management Case Manager
Disaster Management Case Manager
ICF seeks a Disaster Management Case Manager to support and promote housing recovery using U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) and Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) funds. As a Case Manager, you will work closely with other members of the Case Management Team, the Program Manager, senior ICF staff, and subject matter experts; clearly communicate information regarding applicant engagement, community outreach, and file review and processing. The position requires, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with program leadership, staff, and applicants to ensure that applicants fully understand program requirements and are frequently updated on application and grant progress throughout the case management process.
- Gather, scan, and store required program eligibility and other required information in electronic databases and case management systems
- Prepare letters to applicants and other required program documents
- Communicate with applicants by phone, email and in-person to communicate program requirements and case status
- Ensure all hard copy and automated files are updated and maintained in strict accordance with established policies and procedures
- Interact with project lead and staff from local, state and federal government agencies
- Support public outreach events and off-site applicant meetings
- Provide tracking and reporting information on cases progressing from intake to closeout
- Manage multiple priorities and to work limited overtime, as necessary.
- 2+ years of work experience with case management, public housing, or disaster recovery related work
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to learn, analyze, and understand complex documents such as tax returns, property deeds, insurance, and other program-related documents.
- Demonstrated ability to review documents at a close level of detail and catch subtle differences.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in multi-tasking, organizing and prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to articulate details in a manner understandable to a variety of individuals in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work successfully with socio-economic and culturally diverse applicants.
- Experience in analyzing information and problem-solving.
- A flexible schedule that can accommodate some evening or weekend work as may be required.
Preferred Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Experience in reviewing details of a tax, real estate, and income documentation, in a professional environment.
- Experience facilitating client applications to public benefit programs.
- Experience in disaster recovery and/or housing support services or programs.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$58,161.00 - $98,873.00
Oregon Remote Office (OR99)