Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director, Public Relations and Marketing (Climate & Environment)
ICF, a global professional and digital services firm, is home to one of the world’s leading climate-focused consulting practices. With over 200 experts globally, ICF’s climate team works with business, government and nonprofit clients worldwide to design program and policies that reduce the emissions that accelerate climate change, while also helping organizations and communities better understand and adapt to its impacts. ICF is hiring a Director of Public Relations and Marketing to amplify the purpose-driven, industry leading work that ICF’s climate team performs. Working with climate experts across North America, Europe and Asia, the Director will help implement strategies to raise visibility for the initiative among government, private sector and nonprofit industry audiences. Key areas of focus for this role will include:
- Working closely with climate experts and ICF’s corporate marketing team to execute an effective PR, communications and marketing strategy amplifying the initiative’s work and brand across a variety of earned, owned and paid channels.
- Leveraging key channels for brand-building including public relations, content marketing, paid media, social media, internal communications, brand development, and more.
- Working closely with ICF’s external public relations and digital agency partners to share ICF’s industry-leading research and analysis, world-renowned experts and unique insights on addressing climate change with national, regional and trade media.
- Partnering with climate, environment and energy experts to collect, curate and create thought leadership content including expertise and insights, articles, reports, videos, project summaries, case studies, white papers, webinars, podcasts, and other forms of dynamic content.
- Helping to identify and establish partnerships and sponsorships with selected organizations to increase the initiative’s reach.
- Helping to project manage the climate team’s visibility efforts and activities, working closely with the initiative’s leadership team, project team, and stakeholders.
- Helping to develop purpose-driven narratives, messaging and a differentiated point of view for ICF’s climate insights, ensuring a high degree of relevance to a rapidly changing landscape.
- Helping to shape, write and edit pieces that translate the complex work ICF does in the climate space into memorable and insightful communications with creative presentation.
- Tracking and analyzing key metrics to ensure progress and identify opportunities to enhance or evolve program tactics.
The skill set
We’re looking for someone with approximately 10 years of PR, communications or marketing experience. Experience in climate, environment or related areas preferred, but not necessarily required. We’re looking for someone with excellent project management and writing skills, who can communicate ideas creatively and concisely and keep projects moving forward. Someone with the ability to manage effectively across various teams to ensure a solid result. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with subject matter and technical experts.
- Experience working with directly with senior leaders and stakeholders to set expectations and manage programs.
- Prior experience in a PR, marketing or communications capacity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A passion for finding new and creative ways to reach an audience.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience working with – and getting the most out of – marketers, agencies, copywriters, designers and clients.
- Facility with communication and digital platforms to help support channel management, promotion and measurement.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)