Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director, Program Management - Energy Infrastructure and Cyber Programs
Program Manager for Energy Infrastructure and Cyber Programs
ICF is seeking a Program Manager for our U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) client to support them in ensuring the Nation’s energy delivery system is secure, resilient, and reliable; that they and other agencies have appropriate situational awareness during energy emergencies; and that they are able to discover, manage and mitigate cyber threats, and conduct response and recovery operations. This position is located on the client site in Washington, DC.
What you will be doing:
- You will serve as the client’s primary point of contact for two large federal offices. You will serve as overall contract manager and as the single point of contact that is available to respond to the Government’s questions, concerns, and comments, as well as be proactive in alerting the Government to potential contractual or programmatic issues.
- You will provide exceptional customer service, including submission of any reports required by the government Contracting Officer, invoicing and monthly reporting, and program management reviews as requested.
- You will ensure all client key performance indicators are met and the client is highly satisfied with our work and our support to their mission.
- You will work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs), overseeing program implementation including development and execution of detailed and effective management plans, process flows, quality control, schedules, risk, invoicing, and program evaluation.
- You will provide management oversight for some of employees that support the program.
- You will work closely with task order SMEs and managers to develop and administer task order budgets, commitments, plans, schedules, specifications, staffing, and management requirements.
- You will provide advisory administrative and management support services under the task order performance work statements, and working with task order managers, manage all subcontractors and subcontractor work assignments.
- At the task order level, assist the SMEs/task order managers with administering order/project performance; and risk, quality, and resource management requirements, including subcontractors. Assist with, and/or direct and control projects, work, and services according to contract budgets and contractual commitments.
- Assist the task order managers with management performance, cost control, technical performance, performance schedule, product and service quality, formal communications, and regulatory compliance associated with contract requirements specified in the Order’s Performance Work Statement.
What you will need:
You will ideally possess solid project, program, and portfolio management experience with the ability to manage and successfully oversee multiple simultaneous work orders. You should also have experience managing and leading staff with high levels of client satisfaction. You will have excellent skills servicing clients, with the ability to quickly develop relationships at all levels of the client organization. In addition, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of experience in project management or program support
- Experience managing a cross functional project team
- Experience in fast paced dynamic environment and being a hands-on problem solver and leader
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and tools
- Operational experience with program/project metrics tracking and reporting
- Solid knowledge of federal government contracting and budgeting processes
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
What we would like:
- MBA, MPP, MS in project management or other related advanced degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Previous experience supporting energy programs
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written to include presentations, editing and proofreading skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)