Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director, Poverty Solutions and Workforce Innovations (REMOTE ROLE)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Director, Poverty Solutions and Workforce Innovations
The Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team within ICF’s Public Sector Group works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations and provide strategic consulting support to human services and workforce development agencies throughout the United States. WIPS provides rigorous technical assistance, training, and research support to address a diverse set of critical social issue areas including poverty reduction, family self-sufficiency and economic stability, and employment and workforce solutions for job seekers with multiple barriers. Our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals opportunities to perform work that parallels their passions.
We are seeking candidates for a full-time Director to lead growth and direct complex projects across Federal, state, and local workforce and human services clients. The successful candidate will join our team in our Fairfax, Virginia headquarters, remotely, or in one of our other U.S.-based offices.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise in economic self-sufficiency, TANF solutions, and/or workforce development issues.
- Lead business development efforts to continue significant growth and expansion in new sectors including developing and implementing go-to-market strategies, expanding partnership, and significantly effecting expansion into new markets and disciplines.
- Direct complex project(s) and teams to ensure high quality, responsive, and coordinated services and contract deliverables, as well as timely communication and resolution of quality concerns and issues.
- Provide overall leadership and project management skills to direct and keep all contract tasks and deliverables on track.
- Utilize internal tools to track expenditures including trailing costs to provide the most accurate data for client and COR monthly expenditure projections; review final data points with project finance controller monthly.
- Provide quality control monitoring to ensure excellent customer service to the client(s) and serve as the primary point of contact for the client on all contract related items.
- Prepare presentations, technical reports, memoranda, and/or other high-quality communication materials.
- Lead the development of written products and presentations, including analyses, program trends/outcomes reports, and stakeholder publications/products.
- Master’s or higher in political science, social work, business, or related social services field.
- Minimum 20 plus years of experience in leading large ($10 million+) and complex training, technical assistance, implementation and/or research projects and business development initiatives focused on human services and workforce development agencies at the Federal, state, and/or local levels.
- Demonstrated senior-level expertise in social safety net programs and/or employment and workforce development.
- Demonstrated success and passion in growing the business through innovative solutions and strong client networking strategies.
- Deep training and technical assistance and program implementation expertise with government and private sector clients.
- Ability to work independently and lead a group of multi-disciplinary staff across projects.
- Strong writing ability across various products, deliverables, and reports and strong presentation and communication skills.
- Superior project management and staff supervision skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)