Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director of Marketing and Communications, Public Sector
ICF, a global professional and digital services firm, is home to one of the world’s leading
government consulting practices. For over 50 years, ICF has supported agencies in improving the effectiveness and impact of public services across a wide variety of domains, including health, energy, environment, and climate, social programs, education, international development, and much more. ICF also has one of the industry’s leading digital transformation portfolios as agency leaders redefine their missions through the lens of technology.
ICF is hiring a Director of Marketing and Communications to amplify the purpose-driven, industry leading work that ICF’s public sector team performs with nearly every federal civilian agency. Working with our experts, the Director will help implement strategies to raise ICF’s visibility and profile across the sector.
A true leader-doer, you’ll develop marketing strategies that build brand awareness and audience engagement, as well as support our growth efforts. You’ll help set the strategy and work across our corporate and field marketing teams to deploy the right mix of tactics. You will help us find creative, yet effective, ways to grow our business across a wide variety of buyer types and behaviors, sales cycles and business needs.
Key areas of focus for this role will include:
- Work closely with marketing, business development and industry executives to understand our opportunities and audiences, assess go-to-market readiness, and shape go-to-market strategy.
- Lead the development of strategic public sector marketing campaign plans working in partnership with business development, capture teams and our domain experts to ensure alignment with sales pipeline and growth goals.
- Manage a portfolio of integrated marketing campaigns, ensuring high quality brand-building efforts and a high volume of campaign activity across a variety of earned, owned and paid channels.
- Manage an internal staff of marketers ensuring prioritized effort and tight coordination across marketing channels including web, email, events, social, PR and advertising.
- Manage our external public relations and digital agency partners to share ICF’s industry-leading research and analysis, world-renowned experts and unique insights with national, regional and trade media.
- Partner with our public sector experts to collect, curate and create thought leadership content including expertise and insights, articles, reports, videos, project summaries, case studies, white papers, webinars, podcasts, and other forms of dynamic content.
- Help develop purpose-driven narratives, messaging and a differentiated point of view, ensuring a high degree of relevance to a rapidly changing landscape.
- Work in tight collaboration with our campaign operations and analytics team to ensure progress and identify opportunities to enhance or evolve campaign tactics.
- Help optimize database marketing as well as paid campaigns leveraging third-party, social media, and display advertising channels.
What you’ll need:
- 8-10 years’ experience developing digital campaign strategies, preferably in B2G environments
- Experience working with directly with senior leaders and stakeholders to set and manage expectations
- Passion for finding new and creative ways to reach an audience.
- Technology, product and solution marketing experience helpful
- Ability to help shape messaging and positioning
- Strong, existing media and agency relationships preferred
- Proven ability to work across teams/divisions/departments to get things done
- Strong project management skills; ability to juggle multiple priorities, organize, and execute
- Experience working in a marketing environment supported by technology platforms and customer data
- Experience managing direct staff and working with agencies, copywriters, designers, subject matter experts and clients
- Experience working with Marketo and Demandbase preferred
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and inform/drive business decisions with analytics
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)