Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director of Communications, IT (Remote or Onsite)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We are seeking a Director of Information Technology (IT) Communications to join our team. This communications leader is an expert communicator and consultant with a proven track record in strategic communications, change management, and stakeholder and workforce engagement. This leader should understand the IT product lifecycle from development to launch to sunset and the critical messaging and touchpoints to support each. Experience with federal government clients is preferred, and this leader will oversee a communications team and collaborate across ICF and ICF Next.
You will work to build a dynamic team of communications professionals who can work with product developers and designers. You will collaborate with IT, digital modernization, change management, and customer experience experts all committed to ensuring a seamless IT experience to our federal government clients.
You will work closely with clients and client teams to support growth, develop and manage strategic communications and change management strategies. This work includes communications strategies, brand development, website development and copy, newsletters, user guides, blog posts, reports, banners, and initiative-specific messaging.
- Establish and maintain a mission and vision for IT communications efforts, expand existing client work, develop new growth opportunities, and lead new business proposal efforts
- Collaborate with federal government clients and stakeholders to effectively launch and maintain project operations
- Collaborate across ICF to provide multi-faceted solution offerings for clients
- Support your team in developing strategic communications plans, change management plans, outreach campaign development, and implementing new initiatives
- Support your team in creative development for client program areas including content development, campaigns, web design, and graphic design
- Oversee project quality including staff performance, reports, deliverables, project costs, and contract financial performance
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members to develop and grow their professional skills
- Manage a team of communicators, writers, and creatives
- Monitor staff utilization and conduct ongoing performance reviews
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, or equivalent in professional experience
- 20+ years of previous relevant experience in management or proven IT communications
- Proven success leading and executing internal and external communications strategies for large organizations or federal agencies
- Understand IT as it relates to increased efficiency in business processes across a company or agency
- Ability to communicate complex information to audiences
- Must be able to obtain a government security clearance, per contract requirements
- Experience supporting enterprise-level IT programs and communications
- Strong writer and editor
- Demonstrated ability to leverage myriad communications channels
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99)