Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director, Brand Strategy
Who we’re looking for:
@ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. We've spent years building and integrating a set of best-in-class marketing and communications capabilities to be changemakers and drive cultural relevance. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
ICF Next seeks a Brand Strategy Director who is insatiably curious and has a passion for uncovering brand and consumer connections based on deeply rooted truths and bringing to life ideas and campaigns that move the needle for our clients.
If you are right for this role, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for creative thinking, being agile, and pushing teams and clients to take risks. You marry those qualities with an appreciation for process, best practices and grounding in an understanding of the landscape of social media and our clients' business. And you will be motivated by the opportunity to play a key role in continuing to elevate a sought-after expertise across large consumer brand accounts.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead strategy on key agency accounts, partnering with your peers in Account Service, Creative and Media to build and maintain great client relationships, leading to growth for our clients and the agency.
- Uncover and stay ahead of the curve on emerging and morphing industry trends, cultural shifts and consumer behavior.
- Serve as the lead strategist on various new business efforts, collaborating with agency and team leaders to respond to RFIs, RFPs and pitch assignments, including playing a leading role in pitch presentations.
- Partner with the Partner, Brand Strategy Practice Lead to shape, evolve and articulate the overarching approach to brand strategy for the agency.
- Collaborate with ICF Next’s broader strategic capabilities like Analytics, Experience Strategy and Media Strategy to craft stories that inspire clients and internal teams to solve marketing and business challenges in new and better ways; always finding the narrative and emotional connection in the data points.
- Develop and contribute to thought leadership initiatives for the agency, including but not limited to writing posts/articles and speaking at conferences and events.
- Partner with discipline leaders across the ICF Next collective as needed on new business efforts, client projects and special requests where brand strategy expertise is required.
- Support ICF Next leadership in building an inspiring and energizing culture where creativity and smart thinking flourish.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 7+ years of experience working in marketing, brand consulting or a creative agency role with 5+ years as a brand strategist, account planner or client-side equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to identify industry and consumer trends as they develop and before they crest, and translate those happenings into meaningful brand strategy
- Proven success leading brand strategy across multiple accounts in a variety of industries and categories
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing entry-level and mid-level strategists—helping them master core strategy/planning skills
- Energy and passion for pitching new business with experience leading pitches from a strategic perspective
- Fluency and comfort with a wide range of marketing research tools and methodologies—from overseeing the design, execution and analysis of primary research projects (both quant and qual), to sourcing and blending 3rd party research, secondary and social listening, in order to shine a bright light on deeply buried truths
- Deep experience in leading foundational brand strategy/brand positioning/brand purpose work
- A proactive, collaborative, team-first work style—you’re willing to take on any level of task to meet deadlines, surpass expectations and ultimately, make the work better
- An engaging approach to storytelling and experience pulling from different story formats to craft inspiring creative briefs, give clear, compelling strategic direction and deliver informed, persuasive client POVs on a range of strategic challenges and opportunities
- Experience designing and facilitating workshops, both client facing and internal
- An insatiable appetite for finding better ways to do things and the ability to inspire those around you to do the same
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Minneapolis, MN (MN03)