Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Director, Accounting Policy
ICF, a Reston, VA headquartered company, seeks a Director, Accounting Policy. This is a newly created position reporting into the Corporate Controller and offers excellent opportunities for growth. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance of Company's accounting policy with U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting rules, including adoption of new accounting standards, and collaborating with the business through their initiatives.
ICF is a purpose-driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
This role is either office-based in Reston, hybrid, or remote.
Relocation assistance can be available.
- Analyze complex technical accounting matters in compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting rules, and present conclusions via memos and/or other executive presentations.
- Lead the company’s assessment of the impact(s) of emerging standards and the adoption of new accounting standards.
- Support the external auditors in their audit of any of the company’s technical accounting policies and positions.
- Partner with the business and help assess impact of planned strategies.
- Partner with and support the SEC reporting team on a quarterly basis with the preparation of the Form 10-Q/K and compliance with disclosure checklists.
- Lead or assist with other special/ad hoc projects, as and when needed.
- Lead the internal technical accounting trainings
- BA/BS in Accounting
- Active CPA license
- 10+ years of experience in working with technical accounting research and application
- Experience at a national public accounting firm and at a publicly traded company strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong expertise of and experience working with U.S. GAAP and SEC rules
- Experience with compliance with requirements of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Presenting to and partnering with senior level leaders.
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$125,443.00 - $213,252.00
Reston, VA (VA30)