Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Digital UI Designer
Digital UI Designer (Junior)
Who you work with
You will be part of our growing digital team based in our Leeds studio. Reporting into the Digital Director, you will collaborate primarily with specialists across user experience strategy and design, content, development and production. You will also work with ICF Next’s wider creative team specialists, strategists and programme leads – both in the UK and internationally.
What you do
You will collaborate with team colleagues and internal stakeholders to ideate and create digital designs for a wide range of digital solutions, for many leading global brands and citizen-focussed government initiatives. From interactive websites and apps, to digital marketing campaigns across email and social, to interactive brand and product experiences – you will have the opportunity to gain wide ranging experience and an enviable portfolio.
Specifically, the role involves:
- Working as an individual or as part of a team to design and deliver highly engaging UI for a wide variety of digital comms solutions – whether working with in-house developers to create fully custom experiences or designing UI for third-party platforms.
- Collaborate with colleagues to fully understand the client and user requirements. Participating in briefing sessions, ideation workshops and debriefs, whilst proactively seeking answers to questions to ensure your work exceeds expectations.
- Work closely with team producers to ensure work is estimated in advance, tasks are identified, prioritised and scheduled, deadlines are met, work is quality checked and stakeholder expectations are managed at all times.
- Work individually or as part of a team to research, ideate and prototype solutions in response to briefs, acting as a trusted advisor on brand guidelines, industry best practice, digital design standards and the latest trends.
- Collaborate with team colleagues to ensure designs, content and proposed functionality is fully understood, fit for purpose and aligned to the technical scope and budget.
- Occasionally work onsite at a remote location to deliver live or virtual event digital technology solutions you’ve designed to end users and clients.
- Support with the application of quality control procedures and pre-go-live testing. Clearly capturing issues and working with team colleagues to resolve and retest as needed.
- Carry out various digital team related housekeeping and maintenance tasks as required by senior team colleagues to ensure our processes and services are optimised, secure and efficient.
- Fanatically engage in personal skills development to enhance and optimise your UX UI strategy and design skills and technical capabilities, both in and out of work. Proactively collaborating with and supporting colleagues and keeping up-to-date with the latest industry standards, best practice, tools, trends and technology, whilst striving to enhance your contribution to the team and share learnings with others.
Who you are
Experience and Knowledge
- Degree qualification or similar in web, digital or graphic design.
- 1+ year’s relevant industry experience working either within a digital marketing or software dev team.
- Core understanding of user experience (UX) strategy and design preferred
- Portfolio of work which includes examples of web solutions you’ve designed, ideally illustrating the creative development steps you’ve taken – from research to wireframing, to high-fidelity designs and (ideally) with links to the final website.
- A good understanding of social media and digital marketing tools, channels and techniques, plus technology and cultural trends in general.
- Proven capability in delivering effective contemporary UI design for web, with a good working knowledge of digital design platforms such as Figma, Sketch and Adobe CC.
- Some knowledge and experience using content managed web and email marketing platforms such as HubSpot would be advantageous.
- Confidence with good communication and interpersonal skills, a good listener and a great note taker.
- Logical thinker with drive and determination to solve problems and with exceptional attention to detail.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and work through tasks and act decisively in an every changing fast-pacedcreative environment.
- A positive and professional ‘team player’ with drive and determination to support colleagues and clients, deliver goodwork and continually improve the team’s offering, efficiencies and sales.
- A highly committed team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, is highly conscientious in all aspects ofwork and who is willing to work unsociable hours when needed to meet deadlines.
- Continually demonstrates initiative to proactively learn and develop new skills and upskill others in order to bring newideas and opportunities to the team and ensure our offering is class leading.
- Above all, creativity and technology will be your passion and your hobby – research, learning new skills, innovating and creating will be second nature to you – both in and out of work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Leeds - Carlton Mills (GB77)