Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Digital Media Communications Specialist
The Digital Media Communications Specialist is responsible for the management, creation of content, and measurement of The Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) Program’s digital tools including social media platforms and website. The Specialist will produce communications-related virtual events and capacity strengthening trainings with international audiences. The Specialist will work with the DHS communications team and be an employee of ICF. The position will be based in Rockville, MD, once it is safe to reopen office due to COVID-19
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead social media activities including strategy, planning, content development and daily management of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other platforms, increasing engagement with diverse audiences (50%)
- Oversee measurement and conduct monthly and ad-hoc reporting of key performance indicators.
- Coordinate and maintain The DHS Program Social Media Editorial Calendar with online activity.
- Conceptualize, coordinate, and prepare content for social media including images and videos in coordination with the Communications team with tools.
- Develop visual content to support The DHS Program blog in Word Press, www.blog.dhsprogram.com
- Create e-blasts/e-newsletter with project related updates in Mailchimp.
- Update web content for project website, www.dhsprogram.com, with Common Spot content management system, maintain and implement standard operating procedures for regular web tasks, coordinate with web subcontractor to maintain best practices, standard style, and develop new features. (25%)
- Support the Communication team’s core and country-specific activities including creation of graphic content, collaboration on video production, support to communication-related virtual instructor lead trainings (vILTs) in Zoom, Teams and other platforms, development of PowerPoint presentations, and review of print materials. (25%)
- BA/BS degree in public health, communication, or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in communications and digital tools including social media
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube platforms.
- Experience with CommonSpot or other content management systems (CMS).
- Proficiency with social media measurement and management platforms (HootSuite).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud graphic design and video programs and/or social media design cloud tools (e.g., Canva, Adobe Spark).
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and presentation communication skills.
- Strong preference for someone with knowledge of global health and statistics as well as experience working abroad or for a group that does international work.
- Experience communicating about data or scientific findings and engaging with diverse audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, work well under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Strong project management, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)