Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
DevSecOps Engineer (Remote)
This role can sit anywhere within the US, however, we prefer candidates that can work east coast hours.
ICF seeks a DevSecOps Engineer to support the automation and deployment needs of a legacy website modernization project for the federal government. If you are an experienced DevSecOps Engineer interested your fellow Americans on a secure and modern cloud platform, then we want to meet you!
You will work on an Agile team with other DevSecOps engineers to implement automation solutions using technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Gitlab, Terraform, and Ansible. As a member of our development team, you'll be part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary group focused on delivering high-quality technical solutions and operations support for the ongoing modernized applications.
Tools & Technology:
- Palo Alto
Amazon Web Services, especially:
- Lambda Functions
- ECS / EKS
- API Gateway
- Secret Manager
- Web Application Framework
What you will you be doing:
- Configure and maintain resources within AWS
- Deliver an end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring, and infrastructure management in a cloud environment using Terraform and Ansible
- Develop custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Deploy services to ECS / EKS as well as to AWS managed services such as Lambda or API Gateway
- Apply security and access control and ensure the secure storage of passwords and tokens
- Develop, maintain, and support testing and release pipelines to support team goals
- Develop the projects backup, and redundancy strategies. Build and configure delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
- Work with APIs and Plugins to integrate security tools into established CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Information security frameworks standards (ie.e CIS, NIST etc.)
- Familiarity with security areas of Key Management Systems, Certificate Management, Encryption, Vulnerability scanning, Security and Monitoring tools
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience in AWS/DevOps
- 2 or more years of experience using AWS resources
- 2 or more years of experience working with Terraform and Ansible
- 1 or more years of experience working with automation tools such as Kubernetes
- Must live in the United States and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Due to federal contract, you must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card)
What We Would Like You to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other quantitative technical fields
- MS in Computer Science
- Demonstrated experience working on Agile development projects
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Experience with Jira
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Other Technologies you'll use:
MS Office, Sharepoint, Teams, Jira, Confluence, .NET, Java, ColdFusion, and/or React background is a plus.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)