Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
DevOps Subject Matter Expert
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo.
As we continue to expand our services and to support this growth, we are looking for a Managing Consultant to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology business. We provide technical assistance services to US Civilian Federal Agencies and their partners, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
We are interested in individuals who can demonstrate a real interest in DevOps implementation and assessment combined with strong project management skills, business development skills, analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
The position entails managing and contributing to projects by providing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) and Technology Assessment services supporting transformation of the CDC Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and CDC OCIO stakeholders.
About the role:
- Review incoming initiatives and design solutions for large and medium scale software development projects. This includes selection and review of technology frameworks/architecture to be used on projects.
- Provide thought leadership among the engineering team. Engage and grow engineers through new and complex solutions. Review work and processes for opportunities to improve.
- Develop and support the implementation of digital technology solutions with appropriate software design methodology in a dynamic and fast paced team environment.
- Provide consultation regarding DevOps action plans, efficacy, timelines, etc.
- Conduct analysis or assessment of the current internal and external DevOps implementation
- Passion for increasing quality and driving business value while simultaneously decreasing the effort to get there.
- Share knowledge and thought leadership to the rest of the organization, including strategic technical direction as well as professional development opportunities.
- Conduct comparative research and evaluation projects under supervision of a project director
- Provide DevOps strategic objectives and tactical frameworks for CI/CD Agile development projects.
- Support project team configuration and testing of CI/CD configurations based on continuous development and delivery best practices and technical implementations
- Define CI/CD work packages and assess the quality of the project teams work products
- Guide development teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying new and existing software
- Identify cloud providers DevOps automated processes
- Interact on a day to day client relationships and escalate issues to project director
- Support strategic execution of DevOps implementation plans, where the high-level plan is translated into an DevOps Operational Plan and backlog of action items.
- Contribute or review on report-writing and presentations
- Attend client on-site and virtual meetings
- Collaborate closely with other project teams, and external partners and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science related field
- 8+ years of progressive experience in software development, systems administration, engineering infrastructure as code, and architecture responsibility.
- 5+ years of experience in data center architecture and cloud XaaS environments
- Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape and experience changing the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to appropriately target information across technical audiences, clients and executive leaders.
- Intimate familiarity with DevOps solutions on cloud computing platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Extensive experience with various tools such as GitHub, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform.
- Extensive knowledge of containerization orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Azure Container Services and/or RedHat OpenShift
- Thought leadership on Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how any given DevOps approach facilitates these practices to drive business goals.
- Possess a bias for action when breaking down complex problems and tackling new technologies.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation and analytical skills (experience in impact assessments preferable)
- Excellent oral and written communications in English, thought leadership, formal presentation, including editing and proofreading skills
- Highly developed, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Business development experience, including leading or contributing to proposals.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)