Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy Program Manager | Communications and Community Engagement
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients, and committed to making a positive change in the world. We’re changemakers, a community of mission driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists.
ICF seeks a Deputy Program Manager for a Communications and Community Engagement project who has strong project management skills to join our team and lead a fast-paced strategic communications contract for a State Agency client.
This is a great opportunity to project manage multiple deliverables and join a team that is working on meaningful projects. ICF delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight marketing agency, plus the expertise and resources of a leading international consulting firm.
Hybrid position – position will work remotely but must be available to meet in person with client contacts and travel across North Carolina for meetings/events across the state as needed.
In this role you will:
Serve as the deputy client contact for a North Carolina government agency.
This will include:
- Being a point of contact for client.
- Assisting in overseeing and leading teams supporting creation of a strategic communications and community engagement plan, including sub-contractors.
- Ensure that the services and deliverables required are provided in accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assisting with conducting a kickoff meeting to discuss all current activities and the scope of work. Providing a draft project management plan, timeline, and proposed communication schedule. Once final maintain and follow the plan.
- Participate in, or facilitate, technical meetings, conference calls and workgroups with Program staff, subcontractors and stakeholders.
- Provide the necessary, centralized administration, documentation and other related functions, requirements gathering and development tasks.
- Provide weekly updates and separate monthly status and invoice reports for task orders that include information on progress, cost, schedule, and quality assurance.
- Prepare and submit documents required by the client.
- Prepare and deliver project plan presentations for leadership, project teams and other specified staff.
- Directing, planning, and managing the development and production of effective communications strategies and deliverables across multiple communications touchpoints including media relations, digital media, social media, publications, speeches, technical and research documents, briefing materials, reports, press releases, special events, exhibits and community engagement activities.
- Oversee and review all communication material and messaging intended for public consumption to ensure quality control and its alignment with the client’s strategic vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, or related majors. Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related fields is a plus.
- 6+ years of project management experience for a large-scale communications contract or agency, including experience developing and managing budgets.
- 1+ years’ experience in a communications consultancy or PR agency setting.
- 1+ years’ experience working with a state agency.
- 1+ years’ experience in developing/conducting project planning activities to include collecting requirements and defining scope, developing project plans and timelines, and determining resource requirements.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- A diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
N Carolina Remote Office (NC99)