Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy Program Manager
ICF Next seeks an experienced, motivated Deputy Program Manager with strong project management skills to join our team and lead a fast-paced strategic communications and operational support contract for a Federal cyber security client. Successful candidates will have proven strategic and deep tactical expertise with excellent communication and leadership skills.
In this role, you will serve as a key partner to the Program Manager in leading multiple sub-teams, advising and engaging the client on key operational and strategic priorities, tracking and supporting completion of high-quality deliverables, and assisting with team management tasks. In addition, successful applicants will demonstrate an ability and desire to continually learn new technologies in a changing environment; analytical and problem-solving way of thought; business-oriented mindset; and overall resilient, flexible, and enthusiastic personality. This role also offers an excellent opportunity to make an impact in the dynamic and growing industry of cybersecurity.
The role will be a hybrid with onsite at the client’s location in Arlington, VA, with occasional onsite requirements at ICF’s Reston, VA headquarters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as a key point of contact for the client responsible for executing Task Order requests and managing program delivery.
- Lead a team of professionals that manages unified internal and external communication with client staff, leadership, and key partners and stakeholders.
- Oversee process and workflow development and implementation to support a diverse client program that encompasses communications and event support, strategic planning, policy support, operational response coordination, and technical analysis.
- Identify emerging industry, legislative, and news trends which may impact our client agency and drive communications planning and response on a variety of priorities.
- Advise the client on strategic planning for external outreach and messaging efforts that support cyber risk reduction, ensuring alignment with national and department-level priorities.
- Manage relationships with senior-level clients to ensure programmatic success and client satisfaction, adjusting course when needed and maintaining an agile approach to program execution.
- Oversee and review all external and internal communications materials and messaging to ensure quality control and alignment with the client’s vision.
- Work collaboratively with business leads and subject matter experts (SMEs) responsible for technical delivery; work closely with task order managers and SMEs to develop and administer task order budgets, commitments, plans and schedules, staffing, and management requirements.
- Help manage client team and acts as a liaison between them and ICF’s internal support services (e.g. creative, management training, organizational design).
What you must have:
- Active high level government security clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a relevant field.
- 10+ years of public affairs and program management experience.
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role managing and leading program teams.
What we’d like you to have:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience supporting senior-level Federal civilian clients, preferably within the Department of Homeland Security or cybersecurity-focused agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in fast-paced dynamic environment with the ability to be a hands-on, trusted problem solver and leader.
- Demonstrated experience providing senior level counsel to government officials and executives.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a matrixed program team, both providing direction to front-line teams and consulting SMEs for expertise as needed.
- Operational experience with program metrics tracking and reporting.
- Experience creating, implementing, and managing programs for a federal client, preferably in a national security-focused agency.
- Superior verbal, written, organizational, and time management skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively (independently or in a group setting) and provide unique solutions and rationale for solutions to clients’ communications challenges/problems.
- Ability to quickly understand problems, synthesize large amounts of information, and provide succinct recommendations that tie back to overall account communication strategies and tactics.
- Ability to “connect the dots” across other tasks within the contract and see “big picture” opportunities for contract enhancements.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$114,039.00 - $193,866.00
Reston, VA (VA30)