Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy Knowledge Base Manager
ICF seeks a Knowledge Base Specialist support our National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)/ Office of Rare Disease Research (ORDR) client. ORDR coordinates and supports rare diseases research, responds to research opportunities for rare diseases, and provides information on rare diseases. ORDR supports the Genetic and Rare Disease Information Center (GARD) website to provide information about rare and genetic diseases to patients, their families and caregivers, and medical professionals.
The individual serving in this position will be responsible for assisting the Knowledge Base Manager with the management of the knowledge base and curating content through collaboration with subject matter experts (SMEs). The ideal candidate is a forward-thinking, innovative individual who understands the needs of the genetic and rare disease community. They should also be well versed in current knowledge management best practices and how to apply them. Deliverables may range from client-facing knowledge articles to documentation of processes utilized in the development and maintenance of the knowledge base.
This position will work in Bethesda, MD, sitting onsite (currently remote due to COVID-19, but TBD in future) at the NIH campus. May consider remote candidates.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, updating, and maintaining a knowledge base for internal and external consumption.
- Work with SMEs and internal and external stakeholders to identify relevant, accurate content and generate standardized, reusable, and searchable content.
- Work with the knowledge base manager, SMEs, and the client to customize and evolve the knowledge base.
- Focus on quality assurance across all published content, including reviewing aging content and ensuring present relevance.
- Collaborate effectively in a cross-functional role by generating ideas, eliciting support, and gaining alignment across the project.
- Assist with conducting knowledge-sharing meetings to effectively identify and communication knowledge gaps and then actively manage the creating and delivery of needed content.
- Train staff on proper knowledge management practices and effective use of the tools available.
- Assist the Knowledge Base Manager in creating and managing Knowledge reports and dashboards.
- Review feedback received from users of the knowledge base and the client and gather information through research and analytics to continuously improve the content.
- Support Knowledge Base Manager with creating user stories, defining requirements and acceptance criteria for Salesforce and website developers in Jira.
- Analyzes existing processes and develops new processes, procedures and methods to promote effective and efficient support operations through standardization, improvement, simplification and discontinuance
- Develop techniques and procedures for organizing, locating, and enabling access to relevant knowledge and expertise required to address specific business tasks in our knowledge base.
- Establishes and maintains strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the service requirements of the business are understood and are incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement.
- Strong communicator that demonstrates the ability to understand client challenges and create impactful solutions.
- Ability to effectively manage client expectations, persuasively communicate complex issues, and interact and influence at all levels.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports, presentations, recommendations and perform necessary research, or investigations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to translate ambiguous questions or asks into actionable insights and deliver solutions.
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly organized person who is detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to both lead and follow within a team.
- Team player who is passionate about their work and will actively contribute to a positive, collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of serving on high-performing teams and comfortable working in new areas managing ambiguity and pressure.
- Ability to work efficiently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priority as directed.
- Ability to prioritize and plan, balancing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to independently investigate and quickly resolve complex issues with minimal guidance.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in a biomedical science, information science, public health, or related discipline with at least 2 years of professional experience in knowledge management for healthcare or research.
- General computer skills with a proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with Agile Methodology.
- Able to work well alone as well as within a cross-functional team primarily using tools such as Slack, WebEx, Zoom or Skype for Business when communicating with the team.
- Experience with the following is preferred: Salesforce, Jira, Trello, Mural, Visio
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)