Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy Director – GH PEARL
ICF is seeking candidates for the role of Deputy Director for an anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID) global health monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) project. The position will be based in Rockville, MD but may involve frequent international travel.
The Deputy Director is responsible for providing operations and management leadership along with MERL technical expertise. Operations responsibilities include overseeing the development of core and field support work plans as well as timely submission of technical reports, performance reports, and other key deliverables. Management responsibilities include ensuring the project has efficient project management, reporting, and financial management systems and overseeing effective and timely use of these systems.
- Support the Project Director in the development and execution of core and field supported activities, including work plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Monitor overall operational and technical quality and timely completion of activity deliverables
- Ensure that all activities comply with terms and conditions of activity requirements, USAID rules and regulations, including cost, schedule, and quality standards
- Collaborate with the Project Director to identify and manage risks and actively resolve performance issues with activity staff and sub-awardees
- Prepare status reports, budget information, and other documentation as needed
- Engage in implementing field or global activities under this award as time and expertise permit
- Advanced degree in public health, international development, business administration or related field
- 10+ years of USAID or other donors’ project management experience, including on projects with core and field supported activities of varying sizes
- 10+ years of experience working in developing country environments, across different cultures, and managing diverse teams
- Experience working on awards that support MERL work in relation to family planning (FP) and reproductive, maternal, newborn, child health and nutrition (RMNCH+N) activities
- Experience with USAID project management processes and regulations
- Knowledge of USAID policies and vision statements around localization, gender, preventing child and maternal deaths, primary healthcare, and health systems strengthening
- Advanced communication, writing, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work successfully in teams and with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with evidence generation and translation of evidence learning into practice
- Fluency in spoken and written French or another language
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 25% internationally and other travel as needed (temporarily remote work, post-COVID travel in line with public health guidelines)
- Demonstrated experience in working with large project consortia
- Excellent verbal, and written skills in English
- Authorization to work in the United States
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award-winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity) Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$0.00 - $0.00
Rockville, MD (MD18)