Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy Director, Cyber Engagement (Cleared)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our cybersecurity experts work to protect the functions and missions that are vital to our people, government, and military through proactive planning and strong public-private partnerships.
We’re currently hiring a Deputy Director of Cyber Engagement to support operational cyber communications for a federal civilian cybersecurity client as part of our team helping to secure and protect the Nation’s critical infrastructure. A successful candidate will be a creative thinker and problem-solver, practical, and technically sound, with a demeanor that is equal parts persistence and patience. In this role, you will serve as a partner to the Team Lead in managing multiple sub-teams, advising and engaging the client on key operational and strategic priorities, tracking and supporting completion of deliverables, and assisting with team management tasks. In addition, successful applicants will demonstrate an ability and desire to continually learn new technologies in a changing environment; analytical and problem-solving way of thought; overall resilient, flexible, and enthusiastic personality.
This position will be a hybrid of remote and onsite in Arlington, VA.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Act as a close partner and technical SME to the Team Lead for support to publication management, content development, and strategic communications.
- Assist Team Lead with working to support staff training, development, and growth.
- Help manage and oversee professional development of team to ensure team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Serve as strategy and support for the office, helping Team Lead to manage expectations and team deliverables.
- Support and lead both short- and long-term efforts to improve operational support and communications across the organization.
- Maintain visibility on all ongoing projects and support the successful completion of high-quality work.
- Identify emerging news trends which may impact CISA and drive operational collaboration and response.
- Work proactively to identify new opportunities for collaboration, process improvement, and communication across several sub-teams.
- Assist with onboarding of new staff and managing and overseeing professional development of junior staff to ensure team is operating efficiently and effectively.
- Actively support and manage section level task leads in day-to-day operations and development as leaders.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of cyber operations, project and people management, or other relevant experience.
- Proven experience in a similar role as a deputy or team lead.
- Demonstrated ability to keep pace and thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Depth of knowledge in cybersecurity operations, concepts, policies, and procedures.
- U.S. Citizenship required (required by federal government for position).
- Active high level security clearance
Preferred Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience supporting senior-level executives, preferably in high technology or science-based industries.
- Expert in analyzing complex problems that impact the project and provide innovative solutions and options that include analysis of schedules, costs, and technology or tools.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or ready to sit for certification.
- Experience supervising teams of 10 or more people at a time.
- Ability to easily communicate with senior government clients, lead discussions, and confidently discuss project status and propose solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients to develop clear expectations, roles, and requirements for short and long-term projects.
- Customer service orientation with strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Proven ability to make and implement tough decisions.
- Prior experience serving as a consultant to federal government clients, preferably DHS or CISA.
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$124,672.00 - $211,943.00
Virginia Client Office (VA88)