Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Deputy CIO - Hybrid
ICF is a $1.7B revenue, 9000-person global consulting and technology services company and we seek a Deputy Chief Information Officer (Deputy CIO)
As Deputy CIO you will be tasked with assisting the Corporate CIO in evolving ICF’s enterprise IT strategy to drive effective centralized IT governance and standardization. You will also be an active participant in ICF’s business strategy development, collaborate with ICF’s CIO function, and help lead ICF’s ongoing digitization efforts.
ICF is a fast-growing firm with a significant international presence, we continue to grow organically and via acquisition and our clients span public sector and commercial markets. In this role, you’ll support strategic decisions impacting operating efficiencies, IT security, change management, risk, and compliance and modernization.
ICF enjoys a team-oriented, collaborative, and inclusive culture and we seek a Senior Leader who embodies those values and will lead by integrity, influence and example. As Deputy CIO you will be expected to generate the respect of staff and leaders across the organization and promote standards of excellence across the CIO team structure. You’ll be required to work on complex challenges with agility and to be able to adjust course as market conditions change.
Reston, Virginia is the home of our beautiful new corporate metro-accessible headquarters. This role is either office based in Reston, or hybrid, working 1-2 days a week in Reston.
ICF is a purpose-driven company with a strong culture and underlying values that prize diversity, opportunity, equality, and respect. Our core values include Embracing Differences, and we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of differences.
- In support of the enterprise mission, the Deputy CIO will help determine the operating model for information and technology to foster business-oriented and digital-ready culture, mindsets, and practices.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and business partners to define and execute the digital business strategy and drive culture change supporting digital business transformation. Bring thought leadership to build a technology roadmap, with a solid perspective on when to build/buy/rent.
- Assist the CIO in continuously evaluating ICF’s enterprise IT environment and lead subsequent re-engineering as required. Lead large, complex and or transformational initiatives in dynamic environments. and take advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalization of the business.
- Select, develop, lead and inspire a team of 110 globally dispersed IT professionals and bring an international perspective to application, enterprise and business solutions. Grow the team’s skills to ensure technical and business acumen alongside a strong customer service mentality.
- Bring an understanding of emerging technologies with pragmatic insight into where those technologies can be integrated into business solutions as part of ICF’s growing Tech Strategy as well as to support ICF’s internal business process and operating requirements.
- Participate in and contribute to assessing external digital opportunities, transformational initiatives, threats, and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Ensure an appropriate level of IT security and compliance is implemented to mitigate related business risks and that maximum operating efficiencies are achieved.
- In cooperation with the ICF CIO, develop standards, strategies, and plans for cost-effective utilization and consistent application of technology and IT across ICF.
- Develop and implement strategies to provide and manage business IT systems supporting the strategic and tactical needs of the company, ensuring that IT plans are aligned consistently and that projects are identified, justified, and implemented to support these plans globally
- Ensure that business units obtain maximum utilization of business software. Direct IT, telecoms and operations staff to prioritize activities and ensure meaningful implementation of Information Technologies within the respective business units.
- Be responsible for ICF IT disaster recovery, provide oversight to business units on local IT disaster recovery, and ensure that plans are robust and resources are well managed.
- Participate in setting the direction of ICF’s cyber-security function for applications, communications, collaboration, and computing services within the enterprise following all legislated requirements and best practices.
- Develop and maintain IT policies/ procedures regarding processes, equipment, communications, and software.
- Establish, monitor, and control information systems operating budgets, developing and implementing plans to control costs and headcount. Conduct on-going research and evaluation regarding computing equipment, communications, and software.
- Lead the Technology aspect of ICF’S Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Support ICF’s growth via elevated change management and decision-making strategies.
- Minimum of 15+ overall work experience.
- 10+ years of experience leading and building a high-performance technology team in systems and/or software engineering with appropriate accountability and goal setting, budgetary and financial planning.
- 5+ years of experience leading Technology needs for a professional services company.
- 5+ years of experience within a US Government Contracting Environment.
- 5+ years of leading teams working with Agile methodologies, Cloud-based technologies, and/or Cyber-Security
- Ability to obtain SECRET Clearance.
- Experience leading IT for a $1B+ revenue firm with some P&L experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Degree in Engineering, Information Management Systems, or similar technical foundation. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in systems and/or Software Engineering.
- Demonstrated familiarity with data privacy laws and regulations such as GDPR, CCPA and CPPA.
- Experience leading a global IT function impacting both applications and infrastructure within complex organizations including deployment of best-in-class COTS-based solutions.
- Experience with acquisitions and the M&A integration process.
- Strong ability to influence, generate excitement and commitment by employees, and develop relationships with leadership to advance the success of the company.
- Strong communication skills to be able to articulate the business case around IT decisions and investments.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$194,938.00 - $331,395.00
Reston, VA (VA30)