Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Scientist (Cleared) - Hybrid
ICF International seeks an experienced Data Scientist to support the research and development of new cyber analytic capabilities that will help the US protect and defend its networks and critical information systems. The successful cleared candidate will act as a Data Scientist to support a large federal cyber security analytic program. Your work will contribute to the knowledge of how cyber-attacks work, how vulnerabilities are exploited, and the way hostile cyber actors operate. Utilize your skills to help experiment and prototype future cyber capabilities for implementation at large-scale.
As the Data Scientist, your skillset will create useful and actionable insight for the customer through the development of machine learning, deep learning models, and related algorithms. The ideal candidate is strong mathematically, can automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, and select the correct data points for analysis from large data sets. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success for using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of the analysis. This is an opportunity to contribute to an important project from its beginning, work with the latest and emerging technologies, and all while building a great career at ICF!
This role is primarily telework-based with occasional meetings at client locations (Arlington, VA or Pensacola, FL) or ICF facilities within the National Capital Region.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Perform knowledge elicitation from customer subject matter experts and convert that to derived algorithms
- Analyze large data sets to identify actionable insights with mathematical statistical rigor
- Rigorously critique and correct intermediate results to improve the algorithmic outcomes
- Design and deploy deep learning algorithms and predictive models
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Interpret and communicate results to non-technical customers
What You Must Have:
- Active Secret security clearance required as part of client contract requirement
- US Citizenship required as part of client contract requirements
- 3+ years of experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence or related field
- 3 or more years of practical working experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning Models, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributional Semantics, Data Science, Knowledge Engineering
- Experience using a variety of mathematical, statistical, data mining, and data analysis methods/tools
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients in order to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Experience in productization of machine learning algorithms and the ability to deliver data science components that are part of successful deliverables
- Working knowledge of general machine learning algorithms and NLP, Graph Theory, and Network Analysis
- Experience with statistical data analysis, experimental design, and hypotheses validation
- Experience with database querying like SQL
- Readiness to collaborate with engineering teams, product teams, and customers to develop prototypes and software products
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience
- CompTIA Security+ or higher certification level preferred
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$77,890.00 - $132,413.00
Arlington, VA (VA31)