Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is hiring for an experienced Data Scientist with exceptional skill to develop machine learning and deep learning models and algorithms that create useful and actionable insight for customers. The ideal candidate should be someone who is strong mathematically; can automate scoring using machine learning techniques, build recommendation systems, and select the correct data points for analysis from the large data sets. The ideal candidate must have strong experience using a variety of mathematical/statistical/data mining/data analysis methods and tools. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success for using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of the analysis.
- Ability to perform knowledge elicitation from customer subject matter experts and convert that to rigorously derived algorithms
- Analyzing large data sets to identify actionable insights with mathematical and statistical rigor
- Ability to rigorously critique and correct intermediate results to improve the algorithmic outcomes.
- Designing and deploying deep learning algorithms and predictive models
- Developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Developing processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Ability to interpret and communicate results to non-technical customers.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computational Linguistics, Artificial Intelligence or related areas
- 3+ years of hands on working experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning Models, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributional Semantics, Data Science, Knowledge Engineering
- Experience in productization of machine learning algorithms and the ability to deliver data science components that are part of successful deliverables
- Fluency in one or more programming languages (Python, Java, R, etc.)
- Experience with statistical data analysis, experimental design, and hypotheses validation
- Experience with database querying like using SQL.
- Readiness to collaborate with engineering teams, project teams and customers to develop prototypes and software products
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)