Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Science Internships
ICF’s data science internship programme is now open for applications. We have a number of paid internships available starting from summer 2022. Both part-time and full-time internships are available. ICF’s Data Science Team provides data science services for the UK and EU European Union. Our work has impact on decisions made about laws, policies and programmes that address the major challenges of our time, from public health to climate change, employment to innovation.
As a data science intern you will support colleagues to help catalyse the deployment of data science tools and techniques. You will have the opportunity to work on projects for a wide variety of clients employing data science techniques to build models, analyse data, and create visualisations. ICF has a hybrid working model; candidates will be expected to spend at least some time each week working from the office. ICF has offices in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Plymouth.
We are looking for candidates with:
An academic background in a social science, statistics, computer science, or mathematics
Experience using R or Python (we have a preference for Python)
Good Excel skills
Curious/open to learning (new techniques, data science packages)
Good team-working skills
Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple assignments (as needed), work efficiently, and meet deadlines
Strong writing and oral communication skills
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Applicants should provide a CV of not more than two pages plus a covering note that explains your interest in the position and describes when you would be available, and whether you are looking for part-time or full-time internship.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)