Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Processing Specialist
ICF is searching for a Data Processing Specialist who will be responsible for developing and supporting mobile data collection and data analysis as part of the Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) program. The DHS Program is a US Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project that supports the collection of demographic and health data through nationally representative population and facility-based surveys in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). The Data Processing Specialist will manage all aspects of mobile data collection systems during the lifecycle of a DHS survey, including system development, user training, production of data reports, and preparation of datasets for public release.
This is an exciting role offering excellent opportunities to grow skills in mobile data collection systems, gain experience in working in low and middle income countries, and the chance to work with a diverse set of colleagues who are passionate about their work.
This full-time position will be based in ICF’s Rockville, MD office in the Washington, DC metro area, once it is safe to reopen offices (which are currently closed due to COVID-19) and will require 25%-30% travel to low and middle income countries.
As a Data Processing Specialist, you will:
- Develop mobile data capture (CAPI) systems on both Windows and Android platforms using the CSPro software system
- Strengthen the capacity of in-country IT counterparts and south to south consultants to develop and support mobile data capture systems
- Train local field staff in mobile data collection, in collaboration with in-country implementing agencies
- Monitor initial fieldwork activities and provide local and remote troubleshooting assistance to support mobile data collection
- Work with subject specialists to produce standardized data analysis in CSPro
- Prepare and check standardized data files prior to their release to the public via our website
- Communicate throughout all stages of the survey process with other DHS staff, implementing agencies, USAID Missions, and other key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Public Health, Demography
- 2+ years' experience working in public health, research or IT fields (five years if highest degree is Bachelors)
- Strong programming skills in a language such as C#, C++, Python, Java or similar
- Strong organizational and self-management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and set strategic priorities
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- A good standard of spoken and written French or Spanish
- Experience in using CSPro or other survey software such as Survey Solutions, Open Data Kit (ODK) or similar
- Experience of and interest in public health or demographic research
- Background in working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience in technical training
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)