Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Engineer (Snowflake) - Onsite in Puerto Rico
This is an onsite position located in our Guaynabo, Puerto Rico office.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
Benefits include 401k, vacation/sick/holidays, learning and development opportunities, among other things. Come and join our team today!
Description of the Role
As a Data Engineer (Snowflake), you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Customer's business decisions. You will design and build data pipelines, data streams, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools.
- Plan, build and implement data solutions based on Snowflake.
- Design and build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams
- Develop and Maintain Data Lake or Data Warehouse solutions.
- Design and create ETL processes supplying the Data Warehouse
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring process.
- Analyze the current analytics environment and make recommendations for appropriate data warehouse modernization and migration to the cloud.
- Preprocessing of structured and unstructured data, creating queries in databases.
- Develop scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingestion of datasets into Snowflake.
- Integrate the end-to-end data pipelines while ensuring the quality and consistency of data is always maintained.
- Working with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (API interfaces, Search).
- Develop Snowflake deployment and usage best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience designing, developing, deploying and/or supporting data pipelines using Snowflake.
- 1+ years of experience designing and deploying data applications on cloud solutions, such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- 1+ years of experience in performance tuning and optimizing code running in Snowflake environment.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to Have:
- Good understanding of SQL, T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Experience & knowledge in programming languages like Python, Spark, and/or Scala, Java.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills particularly those that apply to a big data environment.
- Understanding of data architecture design, data modeling, and physical database design and tuning
- Ability to conduct data profiling cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- Experience with data science and machine learning.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, and/or Power BI
Working at ICF
ICF is a global advisory and technology services provider, but we’re not your typical consultants. We combine unmatched expertise with cutting-edge technology to help clients solve their most complex challenges, navigate change, and shape the future. We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. Learn more about what we dohttps://www.icf.com/ and our commitment to inclusionhttps://www.icf.com/company/about/diversity-inclusion.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$62,859.00 - $106,860.00
Guaynabo, PR (PR01)