Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Engineer (Scala/Spark)
ICF seeks a talented Data Engineer who is eager to apply computer science, software engineering, databases, and distributed/parallel processing frameworks to prepare big data for the use of data analysts and data scientists. If you have experience with Scala and Spark and want your work to contribute to systems that collect healthcare data used by hundreds of thousands of daily users, we want to (virtually) meet you!
You will work on projects that support the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as we develop a next-generation analytics and reporting system that directly impacts healthcare quality. You will use Spark to build data processing pipelines that derive information from large sets of government data. You will be the go-to on your team for Spark, the Spark Engine, and the Spark Dataframe API. We are a collaborative company, so we want you to use your knowledge of Spark to teach others, inform design decisions, and debug runtime problems.
Our mission is to help the government improve healthcare for patients and reduce costs. We value bringing individuals that are experts in their disciplines, highly communicative, and self-motivated to own their work. Technology and domain experts work side-by-side in highly dynamic teams that have all the roles necessary to deliver high-quality digital services. In addition, critical to our success is forming teams of highly diverse individuals passionate about making a difference.
Tools & Technology you’ll be using:
- Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Python, and AWS EMR
- Jupyter and Zeppelin
- Airflow, Jenkins, and AWS Step Functions
- AWS S3, AWS Redshift, and Teradata
- GSuite, Slack, Jira, Confluence, Git, and Github
- Build scalable data processing pipelines in Spark
- Debug Spark jobs and do performance tuning
- Write unit and integration tests for all data processing code
- Work with DevOps engineers on CI, CD, and IaC
- Read specs and translate them into code and design documents
- Perform code reviews and develop processes for improving code quality
- Associates Degree with 7+ years of technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience with high competency with Scala, Spark, the Spark Engine, and the Spark Dataframe API
- Experience with Agile methodology, using test-driven development.
- Must live in the United States, have lived in the US for 3 of the last 5 years, and be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- BS with 5+ years of relevant technical experience or an MS and 3+ years of technical experience
- Experience working in the healthcare industry with PHI/PII
- Federal Government contracting work experience
- Expertise working as part of a dynamic, interactive Agile team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)