Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Data Engineer- Remote
Ready to make a difference?
This is a cross functional position with significant responsibility and opportunity to shape the future direction of our team. The selected candidate will work to design, monitor and optimize SQL servers on daily basis. In addition to that, candidate will be required to focus on data development tasks like coding in T-SQL to collect, store, validate and process large datasets.
This position will be part of a small analytical team working on quantitative software products and services so experience working in a product development environment is desired. Successful candidates will be very analytical with a high attention to detail in a quantitative environment to ensure a stable, repeatable, and accurate production data stream. Successful candidates will also enjoy an independent work environment where they can take a high level of ownership of their accomplishments.
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Develop reports as well as perform ad hoc data reporting as needed
- Work with team leads to prioritize business and information needs.
- Develop and execute T-SQL code to facilitate data movements and ETL processing with a focus on consistency, reliability, and accuracy.
- Design and code workflows, create database releases, and optimize production data pipelines to ensure data accuracy Perform hands on data research to provide insights and uncover potential data issues
- Map data feeds and combine them with third party content ensuring consistency
- Develop and code operational processes to automatically report on data conditions and KPIs during processing
- Be a part of fast-moving development teams using agile methodologies
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years of professional database solution development with Microsoft SQL Server, Data Analysis, Data Profiling, and SQL Tuning
- 8+ years of professional database solution development with Microsoft SQL Server, Data Analysis, Data Profiling, and SQL Tuning
What we would like you to have:
- Strong Analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, and accurate solutions
- Has deep understanding of data architecture & data modeling best practices, and guidelines for different data and analytic platforms including scrum and agile procedures.
- Experience developing SQL scripts, data processing processes, and performance tuning quantitative queries
- Superior organizational and end to end delivery skills in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities with proactive communication in mind
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with development and business teams based on a proactive communication style
- experience working within the full lifecycle SDLC as part of a software product and operations team environment
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment
- Experience working on quantitative software products
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)