Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
At ICF, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of management consultants, mission-driven technologists, data scientists, innovation researchers, CIO strategists, and public health researchers & evaluators to challenge the status quo. As we continue to expand our services and to support this growth, we are looking for a Management Consultant to join our Public Health Informatics and Technology business (PHIT). We provide technical assistance services to US Civilian Federal Agencies and their partners, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Defense Health Agency (DHA).
We are seeking a Sr Level Data Engineer with hands-on Robotic Process Automation and ETL experience to work on a data automation and machine learning project supporting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You will be working on multiple projects at a time, interacting with all levels of ICF staff and stakeholders. You will also help inform IT investment decisions and develop and manage architectural targets and standards for our client.
- Work with teammates and various clients to discover opportunities for greater efficiency through Robotic Process Automation
- Responsible for designing, creating, documenting, deploying and managing RPA solutions
- Responsible for creating thorough user-focused documentation for RPA solutions
- Responsible for assisting clients who need help implementing RPA pipelines
- Responsible for developing strategies for acquisition and storage of data resulting from RPA pipelines
- Responsible for developing data cleaning and preparation pipelines which facilitate downstream machine learning processes
- Responsible for proposing and evaluating multiple design alternatives and recommending the most efficient and cost-effective solution
- Must have hands-on skills in RPA development, database management, data warehousing and ETL
- Must have hands-on experience in RPA tools, preferably UiPath or PowerAutomate
- Must have hands-on experience in relational databases, including PostgreSQL
- Must have experience in open-source data engineering languages and tools, including Python, NumPy, Pandas and SciKit-Learn
Senior-level: 4-5 years
Required Skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related degrees)
- XX or more years’ experience in general application programming and database concepts including modifying SQL scripts
- Some experience of statistical tools such as R and Python, and Data Visualization tools such as Tableau
- XX years’ experience in a Business or Data Analyst role using software tools such as SharePoint, JIRA or similar systems
- Fluent in AI/ML/RPA techniques/methods/languages
- 1+ years experience developing customer-focused RPA solutions
- 2+ years experience working with ETL and data engineering pipelines
- 1+ year Experience in open-source data science development
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust per federal contract requirement
- Experience with RPA software packages such as UiPath or Microsoft PowerAutomate
- Experience with developing and deploying RPA processes for Windows-based users
- Experience with data pipelines developed in Python
- Experience with data cleaning and standardization best practices, ability to efficiently prepare data for machine learning and predictive analytic processes
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Deep knowledge in Data Integration, Data Quality, Metadata Management and understanding objectives
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Python
- Ability to prioritize and manage a complex & changing data infrastructure.
- Experience developing data engineering strategies, policies, processes, and best practices.
- Strong communication skills with excellent track record of working with agile teams and direct client interactions
- Experience with Spark, Databricks, Azure, AWS, Snowflake is a plus
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)