Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking an experienced Data Engineer with 3 years of experience to support the system engineering and research and development activities of its CDC client in Atlanta. This developer is part of a collaborative team which strategizes innovative solutions and actively participates in the Research and Development creating emerging technology prototypes. You will be a member of a small high-performing innovative Agile team rapidly developing and deploying modern data centric pilots and prototypes across the CDC’s entire enterprise.
The primary responsibilities are to perform the following activities throughout an Agile iterative and incremental software development lifecycle:
- Building pipelines for data ingestion, cleansing and export
- Creating interactive visualizations in open-source software (not just using Tableau or PowerBI)
- Building experimental workflows, and then translating those workflows into re-usable software code, ex., developing code in Jupyter notebooks and then translate it to functional/modularized code.
- Creating APIs for integration with data sources and user interfaces
Basic minimum qualifications:
- BS in computer sciences or related field.
- 3+ year’s experience including these languages and technologies or equivalents:
- Technologies that could be useful:
- Postgres/MongoDB (Open Source databases)
- Potentially Tensorflow or other ML frameworks
- Ability to work within a team environment and contribute to consensus-based decision making
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priorities as directed
- Able to efficiently work in fast paced environment with team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at every level
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Atlanta, GA (GA18)